Shootin' Abe......

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Shootin' Abe......

Post by delbydoo »

Finally got around to looking at my first carrier traffic - never had any at all so thought I'd take a peek at Falcon 907 & 908 shooting the wire (correct?) on the Abraham Lincoln....

Cheers
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: Shootin' Abe......

Post by campbeme »

:smt023 :mrgreen: :smt023

Mark
Mark
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Nice shots, in this case around the "boat" these two should be using their MODEX numbers, in this case 210 and 211. Did you mean "shoot the approach"?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

Victory103 wrote:Nice shots, in this case around the "boat" these two should be using their MODEX numbers, in this case 210 and 211. Did you mean "shoot the approach"?
You learn something new here everyday! Do they use their regular callsign plus the modex numbers? So these two would have been Falcon 210 & 211 for example?

.....I knew there was a proper phrase for it, I just assumed* that the wets had a different phrase, and "shooting the wire" sounded good from my point of view :oops:

(*ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U & ME.......gets me every time)
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Brevity is the key in radio comms around the carrier. Day VFR landings (Case I) can be flown what's called "zip-lip", meaning radio silence. Generally, the modex is used without the callsign, unless for example 110, 210, and 310 are all flying the same cycle. Given the modex, one can tell what type airframe and which squadron just from the numbers.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
PhantomP
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by PhantomP »

Nice shots delbydoo,what water textures are you using? they look great. :lol: