Eastern European Packs

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Misha_K

Eastern European Packs

Post by Misha_K »

Hey kids,

Given recent interest in Rainer Mehlin's fine AI MiG-21, I thought I'd put together a few packages of the last few operators. For now, I will start with the air forces of the Balkans, which include the last MiG-21 operators in Europe: Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.

Apart from Rainer's MiG, I am planning on using the Mil-17/Mil-8, Mil-24 and L-39/L-159 AI models from flightsim.cz (though granted they are single-LOD), the CIS AI An-24 and a few others. I have also found an AI Do-28 (Serbia) and an AI CL-415 (Croatia). I may include additional files for users of JustFlight's military plus pack to add the MiG-29.

Suggestions for additional aircraft welcome. If anyone wants to slap together a few paints for the Mil-8/17, An-26/26/32 and the L-39/159, let me know. I have all the MiGs taken care of and have painted the CL-415 and Do-28 myself. Croatia and Serbia are in the works right now, so I could use repaints for a Croatian Mil-8, An-26 and Serbian An-32 and Mil-8.

I am working on a few AFCADs as well. Could use some help with flightplans if anyone wants to assist.

A few very early previews below. This is very far from releasable at this point.

Makadocias
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Makadocias »

Great idea!! :D
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Same here: great idea!

BTW- the guys from AI Czech Military AI Traffic 2004 v1 (Part1) by Milan Lisner (Czech_Military_AI_Traffic_20.zip), if we are talking the same, do have LODs!
Great that somebody took those models as a package base in the end!
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ugocon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ugocon »

Wonderful idea, Misha! :)

Unfortunately I can't help in painting & C. ... but I'd like to!

Another interesting thing to do would be dealing with the Albanian Air Force: I think they still use Mig 15, Mig 17 and Mig 19 (or their chinese correspondants...)
Hope that someone will start working with this (I'm not sure if these planes can still fly though...)

Thank you and ciao
Ugo
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Yeah - all those Migs is something I dream about - but their time will come AFTER MAIW will deal with all the current stuff, I think.
Albanians do not use them anymore - they are buried in a cave at Gjader:
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/albania/albaf-bases.htm

But we will start a "nostalgy" packages line sooner or later, I'm sure ...
Korean War "MiG Alley", Cold War "fifties", "early sixties" and so on ...
FS platform is so open :wink:

Here's Czech AI Hind LOD proof, btw :
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
ugocon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ugocon »

Browsing the site you provided, it seems that 6 Mig17-like (Chines FT-5) are still operative. :wink:

Plus a small amount of other interesting aircrafts/helos...

Interesting...

Ciao
Ugo
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Looks great, can't wait to download this one. Really fill a space in my AI...
AI Hind is looking ace as well....

Cheers
Barry
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

Thanks for the comments guys.

RipPipPip, thanks for the info. Their GA AI aircraft had no LODs so I assumed it was the same with the military. BTW, there is a Thai Air Force package on asvim that uses their L-39.

Ugocon, do any of those Albanian MiGs actually fly, or do they just sit in the tunnel? Also, is there an AI MiG-19 model? I don't think so.

A few useful sites I found:

http://www.yuairwar.com/

http://www.scramble.nl/index.html

For now I am also planning to do the air forces of Bosnia, Republika Srpska, Macedonia and Montenegro (mostly just helos).

BTW, check this out: http://www.scgvacc.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1245

Someone seems to have made a low poly Super Galeb G4 using a scenery static model macro as a base. If I can persuade him to donate this, maybe we can add G4s for Serbia and Srpska.
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

A few more pics:

Flightline in Batajnica:

Serbian Do-28:

Croatian CL-415:

ugocon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ugocon »

Misha_K wrote:Ugocon, do any of those Albanian MiGs actually fly, or do they just sit in the tunnel? Also, is there an AI MiG-19 model? I don't think so.
Well, other sites say that 6 are in service and other say that at least three still fly.
All other Mig-like aircrafts are stored.
The Shenyang FT-5 is a Mig 17, not a Mig 19 (that is the FT6).
I found a model on flightsim.com by Kazunori Ito with a repaint in Albanian Air Force.
I don't know if it is suitable for AI traffic though.

In 1997 one of these planes landed at Galatina Airport in Italy and the two pilots applied for political asylum in Italy.

Talking about the Mig 19, in the Egyptian Military package on Avsim there's a Mig 19 by Yan Tao used as AI (but I didn't check if it is optimized for AI traffic: I remember that approaching some of the Egyptian airports with a lot of AI planes parked is a pain in the... regarding the frame rate :wink: )

Anyway, getting the Albanian Migs in FS9 would be nice, but I understand that there are other priorities. :)
Thank you and ciao
Ugo
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

ugocon wrote:Talking about the Mig 19, in the Egyptian Military package on Avsim there's a Mig 19 by Yan Tao used as AI (but I didn't check if it is optimized for AI traffic: I remember that approaching some of the Egyptian airports with a lot of AI planes parked is a pain in the... regarding the frame rate :wink: )
That makes it unlikely that I would use it. I am already debating whether I should use Kazunori's J-22 Orao for the Serbian package, even though it's a user aircraft, or possibly use Nick's Jaguar as an imposter once it's out.

With only 3-6 Albanian MiGs active, I don't know if it's worth the effort. Do they operate any transport aircraft or helos?
ugocon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ugocon »

Definitely Albania hasn't got a huge Air Force.... :roll:
http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/albania ... entory.htm

But because of their looong isolation from the rest of the world they still keep some interesting pieces.

They gathered a helo's fleet from various Countries, mostly from Italy, because of the vicinity and because we needed to help them blocking the flooding of people crossing the Adriatic Sea to the Italian coasts.
(it's been useless anyway... :? )

Ciao
Ugo
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

Work continues...

I have repainted Rainer's MiG in the current Croatian colors (Michael Pearson's available repaints depict only older schemes). They now nicely match Lucien Lie's repaint for the LAGO MiG-21bis (foreground).

A few MiGs in Pula (AFCAD will be fixed to get rid of those silly taxi lines).

I followed one of them on a patrol along the Dalmatian coast.

delta b
Captain
Captain

Post by delta b »

Misha,

Nice looking paint and great smoke effect! :D

Dan
WHAT? People actually FLY in Flight Sim???
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Yes, really looking for this
Pascal
Misha_K

Post by Misha_K »

Few more updates.

Croatian Antonov (should be An32B but I am using CIS An24RV).

Croatian Challenger (Hrvoje's model and paint).

Serbian Mil-8s (Milan Lisner's Mi-17 model).

Serbian Falcon 50 (PAI Falcon 900 model). I am not quite happy with this paint yet, so this will probably change.

Serbian Yak-40 new colors (Simlandmarks model). Only one of four aircraft wears this scheme.

All flightplans for the Croatian and Serbian airforces are pretty much written, pending some minor adjustments. A lot of painting and AFCAd design still to be done.
ugocon
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ugocon »

Great work!
Love it.
Ciao
Ugo
MACC
Major
Major

Post by MACC »

I know its been ages since this topics but has it been released?
92rc11
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by 92rc11 »

i dont think so
i hope it hasnt been forgotten about was really looking forard to these packages
Savage
Captain
Captain

Post by Savage »

I did some work with the '21s at Pula, but it never got anywhere in the end.