Skrydstrup v2

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
james84

Skrydstrup v2

Post by james84 »

Hello all,
here is a new version of my previously released scenery featuring important updates.
Special thanks go to bitburgeaglekeeper for allowing me to use his Danish style shelters and hawk_sh for providing the new terrain file.
Also included is an alternative version if you don't like the look of the autogen trees.

Check the Readme for instructions. As usual, feedback is welcome!
Attachments
Vojens-Skrydstrup v2.zip
(141.49 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Skrydstrup v2

Post by zsoltfireman »

Hello,

Many many thanks!

GREAT work!

Greek F-16 base can you do?

Regards,

Zsolt
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

All things come to those who wait :D

The bases are a lot further on now than these pictures
The packages will include all the main Greek bases Airforce and Army

Cheers

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

Hello,

Gary,

Patiently waiting for the bases.

Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt
james84

Post by james84 »

WOW! 41 downloads in just a few hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Zsolt, glad you like it!
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FS9

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Grande lavoro Giacomo. Grazie molto.

Ciao
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

james84 wrote:WOW! 41 downloads in just a few hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Zsolt, glad you like it!
Looks good, I never had the first version installed but just put this in and appears as advertised - just sorting out some AI. Anybody know how many F-16's the RDAF are flying nowadays? The RDAF AI pack I've got has 55+ F-16 textures and flightplans - I'll write my own anyway - but that seems very high for just two units, and seems based on the original number acquired back in the 80's. I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that the RDAF was going down to about 30 frontline F-16 pilots! Any thoughts before I start writing?

Gary
Military aviation photography in the UK

My photo website
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

garysted wrote:
james84 wrote:WOW! 41 downloads in just a few hours! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Zsolt, glad you like it!
Looks good, I never had the first version installed but just put this in and appears as advertised - just sorting out some AI. Anybody know how many F-16's the RDAF are flying nowadays? The RDAF AI pack I've got has 55+ F-16 textures and flightplans - I'll write my own anyway - but that seems very high for just two units, and seems based on the original number acquired back in the 80's. I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that the RDAF was going down to about 30 frontline F-16 pilots! Any thoughts before I start writing?

Gary
Hello,

Interested in the RDAF AI pack
Can you send me?

Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Zsolt,

It's on avsim as 'rdaf_ai_pack.zip', it has a few RDAF AFCAD's and AI F-16/C-130/CL-604's as well as a det from the NATO E-3 force (already covered by MAIW). I haven't used it yet so can't say how much use it is, but am now writing for some F-16's.

Gary
Last edited by garysted on 21 Nov 2010, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

My photo website
james84

Post by james84 »

Thsnk you for the kudos guys!
Gary, I compiled some updated flightplans for the RDAF F-16 featuring also the 4 aircrafts based at Keflavik for the defence of the Icelandic air space. The ones you have should still feature aircrafts at Aalborg, nowadays the only remaining base is Skrydstrup.
Grab them in the My Flightplans thread!
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

garysted wrote:Zsolt,

It's on avsim as 'rdaf_ai_pack.zip', it has a few RDAF AFCAD's and AI F-16/C-130/CL-604's as well as a det from the NATO E-3 force (already covered by MAIW). I haven't used it yet so can't say how much use it is, but am now writing for some F-16's.

Gary
Gary,

Yes! Meanwhile, I found it! Thanks!
:D

Zsolt
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Gents,

Just generated FP's for about a dozen or so RDAF F-16's from that pack and they look okay. I tend to write my own FP's using a lot of waypoints, but thanks for the reminder Giacomo and I look forward to what you've got planned next. Couple of screenies showing Skrydstrup and the textures from the RDAF AI pack.

Gary

My photo website
james84

Post by james84 »

Nice shots! :)
Gary, just a note... the RDAF F-16 don't have the drag chute extension!
Ah, the serials I used are up to date, I checked them on scramble.nl. Another reliable source is f-16.net. Remember that four aircrafts are currently based in Keflavik! There is a photo showing them landing on Airliners.net and the description lists all the registrations!
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

james84 wrote:Nice shots! :)
Ah, the serials I used are up to date, I checked them on scramble.nl. Another reliable source is f-16.net. Remember that four aircrafts are currently based in Keflavik! There is a photo showing them landing on Airliners.net and the description lists all the registrations!

Bugger, how did that happen? I never noticed it until you said - of course RDAF Falcon's haven't got chute extensions! They haven't been added to a F-16 Drag chute folder so I'm at a loss as to how that happened. I'm in above my head here, any ideas? I'll have a run through scramble and allocate the airframes properly as well, I assume the Icelandic det is temporary as I believe other nations also do it, similar to the Baltic states NATO air policing rotation.

Gary

My photo website
Pemor2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Pemor2 »

is there away to hide the drag chut extensions on the danish ai F-16
james84

Post by james84 »

garysted wrote:
james84 wrote:Nice shots! :)

Bugger, how did that happen? I never noticed it until you said - of course RDAF Falcon's haven't got chute extensions! They haven't been added to a F-16 Drag chute folder so I'm at a loss as to how that happened. I'm in above my head here, any ideas? I'll have a run through scramble and allocate the airframes properly as well, I assume the Icelandic det is temporary as I believe other nations also do it, similar to the Baltic states NATO air policing rotation.

Gary
Maybe you made some mistake and overwrote the model folders? :D
Yes, the Keflavik detachment is not permanent at all!
james84

Post by james84 »

Pemor2 wrote:is there away to hide the drag chut extensions on the danish ai F-16
Yes, use the models with no drag chute!
garysted
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by garysted »

Sorted it. The model packaged in the 'RDAF AI' folder mentioned above is the extended chute version, although it uphelpfully doesn't actually say so - I found it in the 'Aircraft cfg' file that is in every model variant folder. Probably obvious to guys familiar with AI aircraft models, but not me! By swapping the textures to a already existing F-16 folder that is not the chute variant (most, if not all USAF ones are okay for this) then it's sorted. Bit of a strange mistake for the original modeller to make though.

Gary

My photo website
zsoltfireman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by zsoltfireman »

The white buildings with no problem?
Thus, they should look like?

Pemor2
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Pemor2 »

james84 wrote:
Pemor2 wrote:is there away to hide the drag chut extensions on the danish ai F-16
Yes, use the models with no drag chute!

other than that since the RDAF also have the MLU.