Harrier Farewell Schemes

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Harrier Farewell Schemes

Post by ricki429 »

Does anyone know if there are any repaints of the 4 RAF Harrier disbandment shemes?

Perticularly interested in the front and back one. Have seen the third one down somewhere but can't seem to find it again...
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Harrier Farewell Schemes

Post by ricki429 »

I'm a novice at painting aircraft but thought i'd try and tackle these.

I'm not too good at taking screenshots in flight sim - the quality IS better trust me...

Still got work to do on them such as the gold outline on the Navy tail. Ignore the nose covers etc as I just put it on a random Harrier model to see what it looks like.

The camo one is going to be a bit too hard for me...
Angry_Anderson

Re: Harrier Farewell Schemes

Post by Angry_Anderson »

Pretty good for someone new at painting. You should see my early stuff (they've been locked up and sealed deep within a mountain in Nevada).

Camo isn't too hard. I assume you're using Photoshop? I always paint the aircraft a base color, such as green, then use the "Polygonal Lasso" tool to mark out my other colors, one at a time. I then select "Feather" under the "Select" tab, and feather the area 2 pixels. This way, you avoid the hard edge and get a more fethery, sprayed on look. Just my 2¢. Keep up the good work!