JBAI VC-10 - anybody experiencing trouble?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
james84

JBAI VC-10 - anybody experiencing trouble?

Post by james84 »

Hello all,
I've been adding lots of AI traffic (mostly civilian) to re-build my FS world and noticed that the JBAI VC-10 model is causing some trouble to me. In particular, one or more aircrafts pass in the London area in the night and make the game crash. I think I downloaded the model along with Mike Pearson's RAF repaints.
Anybody got more info?
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Re: JBAI VC-10 - anybody experiencing trouble?

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

I remember reading something on this a while back as I too was having issues at the time..

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... pic=9578.0
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks, I'll take a look!
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Keep us posted on what you find. I have those models installed but haven't had any CTD's (only because I haven't been flying in Europe lately).
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by bismarck »

Hi James, here some info : http://www.militaryaiworks.com/newforum ... =18&t=9177
But I don't have yet a solution.
I wrote directly to Michael Pearson, but he doesn't have a solution. The model in his file uploaded to avsim is the original model and he doesn't have any CTD. He suggested to try to use the civilian model that I've already tried without sort it out.
BTW, that was quick test I made and probably, I didn't them in the right way. I have to re-try, but I don't have time at present.

Giorgio
james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks guys!
If you are using the flightplans I made for those aircrafts, the crash occurs if you go to Gatwick or Heathrow at around 2.20 on Monday morning, and it seems also in other moments.
Quite strange, as I saw those aircrafts so many times during the day and I've never experienced any trouble!
I also checked whether the textures were correctly saved in the DTX3 format, but this didn't sort it out...
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

The problem is with the model.I try them without texture but the problem persists.
I have two type of problem.
With one of the two model, FS9 crashed right before I watch the aircraft in the sim ( with TVB), with the other model, everything seems right till when I change the flight or want to go to another airport. In that momeent, FS freezed and I must restart it.

Giorgio
james84

Post by james84 »

Grazie Giorgio.
BTW in one of the posts suggested above there is a link to get a very interesting utility that checks the aircraft folders for errors, it's called ACA2007 light
http://aifs2.pvdveen.net/?page_id=5

A happy new year everyone! :smt006
Graham King
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Graham King »

I read the first alpha-india thread and we had the same problem in the early development days of Henry's F-16. It was causing the same symptons when the aircraft was returning to our test airfields and would cause the crash.

The cause was the afteburner, a light effect. This was the first time an afterburner was used with timing delays on an AI aircraft. The fix was what Henry called Graham's Magic Black Light.

Anyway to test if this is the problem edit the VC-10's aircraft.cfg and put an apostrophe ";" in front of every entry under the [Lights] section or just delete it and try again. If the problem is then fixed use try using the sections from the attached file.
Attachments
VC-10_Lights.txt
(1.38 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Graham King

Why can’t they keep the colours in the bloody paint pots and just leave them grey

www.graham-king.me.uk

james84

Post by james84 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try later on!
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Thanks Graham, but it doesn't work... :cry: at least for me,,,,,
james84

Post by james84 »

bismarck wrote:Thanks Graham, but it doesn't work... :cry: at least for me,,,,,
The same for me...