The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

It's very quiet in here today

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

It's very quiet in here today

Post by CelticWarrior »

Are you all watching the wedding?

On another forum there's much joviality regarding Wills' choice of uniform, Harry's hair cut (or lack, thereof) :roll: , Becks medal and Chav's 'hat' and the amount of tooled-up plods in evidence. :wink:

I'm not watching myself, I was at a wedding last weekend, so don't need to see another, but I shall be raising a glass to the happy couple at lunch time :smt003
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: It's very quiet in here today

Post by delbydoo »

There's a wedding today? As way of observation though, my neighbours daughter has just said that Cates mouth is "wonky"; apparently Wills chose "that" uniform over the blues as a form of tribute to troops in Afghanistan (but I notice he has Navy wings on the sash).....what's for tea luv?

EDIT: After watching the "re-runs" he was wearing RAF wings - good lad :D
Last edited by delbydoo on 29 Apr 2011, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Well most of us here in the US are focused on the devastation in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and other parts of the south. 300+ people are dead, towns have been obliterated off the map, scenes that you've never seen before and lives absolutely torn to shreds.

So forgive us if we're not watching a wedding half a world away.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

I watched it and yes was puzzled by the Irish Guards Uniform, but looks like it went down well with all involved. Oh and what about the only lady without a hat...Mrs PM must be the cut backs he has put on her wardrobe.
Mark
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

MIKE JG wrote:Well most of us here in the US are focused on the devastation in Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and other parts of the south. 300+ people are dead, towns have been obliterated off the map, scenes that you've never seen before and lives absolutely torn to shreds.

So forgive us if we're not watching a wedding half a world away.

That is very bad for all the people involved I feel for them, its not making much of head line over here just Royal Wedding and people being blown up in Libya and Syria. Is it as bad a mess as Katrina left behind afew years back?

Mark
Mark
supernova48
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by supernova48 »

Did not watch the royal wedding, but did see the flyover with the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane. Impressive!!

Ken
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Boy the Chief Bridesmaid was HOT.

Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

campbeme wrote:That is very bad for all the people involved I feel for them, its not making much of head line over here just Royal Wedding and people being blown up in Libya and Syria. Is it as bad a mess as Katrina left behind afew years back?
Katrina was more wide spread and affected more people overall. These tornadoes leave one neighborhood obliterated and the next untouched. However as this link shows, many of these tornadoes were on the ground for a very long time.

This link is to a satellite image of the affected area. The arrows point to the actual tornado damage paths that each one cut through the landscape as they moved along.
http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/wp ... L_anim.gif

What's scary about these storms is that some of them were so strong, that no matter where these poor people tried to take shelter inside their houses, it wasn't enough to prevent them from being killed. The tornadoes literally came along, obliterated their house around them, sucked them up like a rag doll and tossed them several hundred yards in all directions. They probably survived being sucked up but died when they slammed into some type of debris. What a horrible way to die. :cry:

It's been a horrible spring so far. Des had tornadoes in his area just a couple weekends ago so I'm sure he'll tell you that it hits close to home.

They just upped the death toll to 327 people and that will certainly go up. This will most likely go down as the second worst tornado outbreak in US recorded history. A twister in the 1930's killed over a thousand people back in that time of no technology.

Here is a video of a couple of these monsters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhKjv9Gu ... tu.be&hd=1

Some images:

-Mike G.

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

In no way am I trying to rain down on the wedding today. It was an amazing site, something only the British can pull off properly.

Kate is a little hottie, that's for sure.

I'm just saying that people here have other things on their mind today.
-Mike G.