Static Aircraft

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Static Aircraft

Post by swp53 »

Hi,
I came across this program today SAMM1000 for making static aircraft from either flyable or AI multi lod aircraft models to produce static models for FS2004/FSX.
This would be handy for airfields that have open air museums or open air storage areas etc. I can see things like preserved special colour scheme aircraft that are preserved on some of the MAIW scenery airbases using MAIW AI aircraft. You can even set a height above ground and angle for those gate guards at the bases.
Of course it would be very useful for somewhere like AMARC.
The big plus for me would be that you no longer have to make those late at night one circuit flightplans to be able to use an AI aircraft as static.
Of course you still need to get the permission of the original modeler/painter if you want to distribute your scenery but I do not see that as a problem for MAIW scenery made in the future using MAIW made aircraft.
I have included a couple of screen shots of 3 I knocked up in a couple of minutes for a Greek AF base Afcad I have been playing with to see how they look. These were all flyable FS2002/FS2004 aircraft.
Regards,
Steve
Attachments
Static HAF Super Puma.jpg
Static HAF F-102A.jpg
Past Beta Tester
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: Static Aircraft

Post by swp53 »

Hi,
Not sure what happened to the third screen shot in the original message?
Attachments
Static HAF Do 28.jpg
Past Beta Tester
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Re: Static Aircraft

Post by mikewmac »

swp53 wrote:Hi,
I came across this program today SAMM1000 for making static aircraft from either flyable or AI multi lod aircraft models to produce static models for FS2004/FSX.
This would be handy for airfields that have open air museums or open air storage areas etc. I can see things like preserved special colour scheme aircraft that are preserved on some of the MAIW scenery airbases using MAIW AI aircraft. You can even set a height above ground and angle for those gate guards at the bases.
Of course it would be very useful for somewhere like AMARC.
The big plus for me would be that you no longer have to make those late at night one circuit flightplans to be able to use an AI aircraft as static.
Of course you still need to get the permission of the original modeler/painter if you want to distribute your scenery but I do not see that as a problem for MAIW scenery made in the future using MAIW made aircraft.
I have included a couple of screen shots of 3 I knocked up in a couple of minutes for a Greek AF base Afcad I have been playing with to see how they look. These were all flyable FS2002/FS2004 aircraft.
Regards,
Steve
Steve,

I've used SAMM some too and I especially like the ability to adjust the animations such as landing gear retraction or folding wings to the state you want for your static model. :)

Mike
    Mike M.