RAF to shrink to WW1 levels?

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: RAF to shrink to WW1 levels?

Post by delbydoo »

And therein lies the problem.....we tried to do it twice during Queen Victoria's reign (failed) the Soviets tried to do it in the 1980s (failed) plus look at British military forces post world war one when we were trying to nail down the empire once and for all in places like the North West Frontier (Afghanistan/India as it was then), Mesopotamia et al, the tribes we're, inevitably, unbeatable......
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

My grandfather was there in WW1 on the Khyber Pass as a Sargent in the British Indian Army and he said that the Afghans were the finest fighters he had seen. I really think the allies are on a loser. We can't stay there forever and when we eventually go the Taliban will be back.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
SaabGripen121
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by SaabGripen121 »

I have a reasonable answer to your Nimrod problem. i hear it is a maritime patrol and search and rescue aircraft. well there is always the extremely cheap P-3 orion. I hear my swedish air force were to be ordering 5 but this broke down. it is about £18 million a plane which is better than the nimrod
Gripen