Mississippi ANG

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Mississippi ANG

Post by vernon39426 »

James, would you consider doing flight plans for the Mississippi Air National Guard? Maybe Mark would be willing to do repaints for the aircraft if they are not already available. Hope you can fit these in you plans. Thanks in advance.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Mississippi ANG

Post by Victory103 »

For which aircraft? C-17's in the C-17 East package.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by phantomfreak »

I've made some textures and flightplans for the KC-135's.
Bazinga!
vernon39426
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by vernon39426 »

Victory, C-17's woud be fine, and Phantomfreak, I would appreciate the KC 135 package. I unfortunately don't know what aircraft are involved in the Mississippi ANG, I live in Mississippi and would like to see ai aircraft at gulfport where there is a Miss ANG unit. What ever you guys can do for me will be much appreciated. Thanks
ricktk
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ricktk »

The Mississippi ANG operates a high-tech Combat Readiness Training Center, one of four in the Nation at Gulfport (KGPT). However, I do not think any aircraft are based there. You will find 1000's of military flights using the airport for TNG's, and TDY there for periods of time for training (over 20,000 personnel annually), and exercises. This includes everything from cargo, tankers to combat aircraft. The Mississippi Army NG has a Aviation Classification Repair Depot operation which repairs several types of combat and transport helicopters for military activities throughout the Southeast and Puerto Rico. This activity used to have C-23 Sherpa's for moving maintenance personnel and cargo, but not sure if any are left there, as they are being replaced/or are retired.

Nearby is Keesler AFB which has an USAFR Wing that uses the C-130 for cargo ops and weather recon.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

One other thing, and I'm not sure if it's reflected in the Columbus AFB and NAS Meridian MAIW packages is that Gulfport and Meridian see alot of the trainer traffic. Not to mention the occasional cross country fighter or two. Gulfport also has the rotators in and out on a regular basis. Hopefully someone out there is making a C-27J that is an ai model to update Meridian and the other guard units getting that aircraft.
Bazinga!
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Send me a pm with your email and I'll get the KC-135's to you.

Phantomfreak
Bazinga!
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

KC-135s are gone........

Key Field Air National Guard Base in Meridian had recently said farewell to the KC-135R tanker mission and the MC-12 reconnaissance mission, so this news was a relief to Chalk.

"We had our fingers crossed and we are delighted to get this done," Chalk said. "This means we have a flying mission befitting the base and we intend to do our best in making it a successful one."

The Air Force told Key Field officials it will establish a C-27J training unit mission that will bring two additional planes to Meridian in the next few years, increasing the total to six. Officials say 142 people will be associated with the mission by 2015.

http://meridianstar.com/local/x35706714 ... ng-mission
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

The Gulfport CRTC flight line ramp space can support up to nine C-5s, twenty-two KC-135s or one hundred fighters. So its a great place to rotate aircraft into. When lived down there before Katrina, there was a lot of activity with ANG units doing their ORIs there Also most of Kessler's TNG are done at Gulfport so you see C-130s, C-21s and quite a few Columbus birds coming there.
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
phantomfreak
Major
Major

Post by phantomfreak »

Yeah it's kinda sad the KC-135's are gone from here. If it had not been for them I wouldn't have the chance to go to all the different places I've been around the world. Now we're waiting for the C-27 to get here.

That's the joy of fltsim, we don't necessarily have to keep things up to date. And if I could get better at my painting I just might have some RF-4s on the ramp.
Bazinga!