Eurofighter Typhoon

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
james
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by james »

I noticed a while back in Jets Monthly mag about an article where Eurofighter offered the Indians for there new carriers a navalised version of the Typhoon and got me thinking wonder why they didnt pitch it to the RAF as it would make sense for commonality reasons since they use typhoons it would certainly cut down costs. I also thought posting this question that the AI model of the currently avalible typhoon wont be heavily modified just light mods like a tail hook and a few other bits changed or shaved off here and there
clarke123
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Post by clarke123 »

They won't pitch naval aircraft to the Royal Air Force. They did however pitch it to the Royal Navy's Fleet Air Arm alongside a navalised Gripen and the JSF. It takes a hell of a lot of modifying to navalise the Typhoon and was judged too expensive. It's not just the production cost but R&D aswell. Although that's probably a moot point now after the spiralling costs of the JSF.
veni, vidi, spurius brutus deitrum covi - I came, I saw, I tore the thick bastards limb from limb