Using ADE, how do I see.......

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Bone184

Using ADE, how do I see.......

Post by Bone184 »

I am trying to update a AFCAD for a scenery that uses MAIW Hangars etc....I was wondering how I could get ADE to show the MAIW objects so I can line my parking & etc to line up? I added the scenery objects but still haven't gotten the building outlines to show-up.

Respectfully,
james84

Re: Using ADE, how do I see.......

Post by james84 »

You have to open the bgl libraries:
Tools-->Library object manager-->Add objects

Then browse in your Addon Scenery folder and open - for example - the MAIW Scenery Objects/scenery folder. Double click on a library bgl (such as GGSE.bgl). You will get a message, click on ok, then save.
In order to add the objects, just open the scenery you're working on, double click on any area-->Add-->Library object. You will see a list of objects (with a thumbnail image if you installed the thumbnails available from the MAIW homepage)-->Add
You will see an orange square which represent the area the object is built within. Just drag it around the scenery or rotate it by clicking and dragging the orange dot above it. You can also change its dimensions, banking etc. with the window you get by double clicking on it.
Once you positioned the objects, save your work, compile the bgl and put it into the FS9\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder or equivalent and enjoy the result!
Sounds complicated but it's not difficult at all, it's all about practicing.
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

james84 wrote:You have to open the bgl libraries:
Tools-->Library object manager-->Add objects

Then browse in your Addon Scenery folder and open - for example - the MAIW Scenery Objects/scenery folder. Double click on a library bgl (such as GGSE.bgl). You will get a message, click on ok, then save.
In order to add the objects, just open the scenery you're working on, double click on any area-->Add-->Library object. You will see a list of objects (with a thumbnail image if you installed the thumbnails available from the MAIW homepage)-->Add
You will see an orange square which represent the area the object is built within. Just drag it around the scenery or rotate it by clicking and dragging the orange dot above it. You can also change its dimensions, banking etc. with the window you get by double clicking on it.
Once you positioned the objects, save your work, compile the bgl and put it into the FS9\Addon Scenery\Scenery folder or equivalent and enjoy the result!
Sounds complicated but it's not difficult at all, it's all about practicing.

I know how to add them, but I am opening up a Scenery that already has the MAIW objects added. I want to make sure my added parking etc...lines up with building etc. So my question is how do I get the already used MAIW objects outlines to show in ADE?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Don't think you can because they were probably not placed with ADE.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Import Bgl.
Mark
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

campbeme wrote:Import Bgl.
Thank you, that's exactly what I was needing....I appreciate it.