KSPS Sheppard AFB

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
brian254
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

KSPS Sheppard AFB

Post by brian254 »

Anyone wanna tackle KSPS Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls TX? :D
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: KSPS Sheppard AFB

Post by pietsteens »

brian254 wrote:Anyone wanna tackle KSPS Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls TX? :D

I have the same request : is there anybody who want to re create KSPS, as the one in the
T38 package, looks very poor, especially the lack of buildings, roads, etc. If somebody could/would create something
simular to Nellis AFB I would be very thankful.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I'll do it for $2500 US.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by delbydoo »

BadPvtDan wrote:I'll do it for $2500 US.
Jeesh Dan you come cheap....
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I'm running a special.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

pietsteens wrote:I have the same request: is there anybody who want to re-create KSPS, as the one in the T-38 package looks very poor, especially the lack of buildings, roads, etc. If somebody could/would create something similar to Nellis AFB I would be very thankful.
I think that's both a compliment and an insult in the same sentence. Thanks....... I think. :cry:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

Download ADE, download the libraries you want (most of them are already in the various MAIW packs), download the library thumbnails, and get to work.

The hard part, creating the aprons, taxiways, runways etc have already been done if you load the MAIW AFCAD, and there shouldn't be a problem in sharing it if you split the objects into a seperate file and release that alone.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

MIKE JG wrote:
pietsteens wrote:I have the same request: is there anybody who want to re-create KSPS, as the one in the T-38 package looks very poor, especially the lack of buildings, roads, etc. If somebody could/would create something similar to Nellis AFB I would be very thankful.
I think that's both a compliment and an insult in the same sentence. Thanks....... I think. :cry:

Sorry Mike, but that it was not my intension at all to insult anyone. Poor is perhaps not the right word, sorry again, but I only wanted to say that I miss a lot in the KSPS scenery in comparison with Nellis AFB, I know this base very well and therefore
I asked if somebody can make it look like e.g. Nellis AFB, with more buildings, hangars, houses on the base, entrance,
watertower etc.

And I must say I know a lot about AI, but nothing about scenery design.

So one again I would be very grateful if somebody would ""upgrade"" the KSPS scenery.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

BadPvtDan wrote:I'll do it for $2500 US.

no problem, ha, ha that s cheap
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

KSPS was a default AI package, never designed with scenery. Yes it would be nice to upgrade it but it's not high on the scenery priority list. Using the MAIW libraries is your best bet for the time being.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

To be fair, the last Sheppard package was released almost 4 years ago. Back then, it was AFCAD or Bust (or so I seem to recall), unless you had access (and knowledge of) the "proper" scenery building tools.
pietsteens
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by pietsteens »

RKE wrote:To be fair, the last Sheppard package was released almost 4 years ago. Back then, it was AFCAD or Bust (or so I seem to recall), unless you had access (and knowledge of) the "proper" scenery building tools.

Yes, Mike is right I didn't realise that, KSPS was just a default AI package, with no KSPS scenery.
And that it's the KSPS scenery I would very much like to become. I myself dp not have any clue how to do that, even with ADE9 or other programs like that.

To be honest, I'm not a scenery designer at all.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Number one, you're not allowed to make requests like that on this board. Please read the forum rules. Second, you have no idea what you're asking. A complete custom scenery like Nellis can take hundreds of man hours to research, build, and test. I'm locking this post.