Comox ADE help

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Comox ADE help

Post by Joseph29 »

I has the FSX/FS9 Comox scenery made by Don Grovestine (found on avsim) and I am trying to fix the ADE so the military planes park where they are supposed to park. I go into ADE and make the changes, then compile it and go into my sim (FS9) to see the changes. Now I see the planes parking where I want them but now the light poles that were there beforethe changes are now gone. What am I doing wrong?

The only changes I made to the ADE are I added parking codes and changed some radiuses. I don't use ADE a lot so I am kind of a new user of it.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Re: Comox ADE help

Post by GrahamS »

If you don't have the scenery object library containing the light poles linked to your installation of ADE, then it cannot compile them into the file for you to see them.
Which way is up?
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

GrahamS wrote:If you don't have the scenery object library containing the light poles linked to your installation of ADE, then it cannot compile them into the file for you to see them.
Well that stinks. I really like the scenery but can't stand seeing the military planes parking near the main terminal. He has all the parking spaces for the military apron coded CAF and SAR, and since my military AI is not coded like that none of it will park there.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

I am quite sure you will be able to find the scenery library concerned without too much effort. :)

You only have to link it from the library object manager within ADE.
Which way is up?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I just had a look at the package and the light poles are in lib_CYQQ_9.bgl. Add this bgl in the Library Object Manager before you compile and the light poles will be there. You will also notice that most of the black squares on the AFD will be gone when you reopen it. :wink: There are however two other objects (one in the centre and one in the south of the base) that I haven't located yet.

Alternatively, you could just wait a couple of days and keep an eye on our front page. I just added a new screenshot to the carousel that may interest you :D
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Tirithon wrote:Alternatively, you could just wait a couple of days and keep an eye on our front page. I just added a new screenshot to the carousel that may interest you :D
I am really looking foward to that package!