Air Force Colors

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
redtail58554

Air Force Colors

Post by redtail58554 »

Does anyone know what the current standard is for airfield building colors is? Is there one or do they just use what is on hand? I am wanting to create some textures for a SAC era hanger that appears to have been repainted recently and would like the FS number is available. Thanks
jetmax
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Air Force Colors

Post by jetmax »

Now days it depends on the base and the region of the country the base is in. Back in the 80's and 90's everything use to be brown. Now everything seems to be earth tone based on what ever is popular off base, mainly since the painting and construction is done by off base contractors from the local area.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
redtail58554

Post by redtail58554 »

I saw somewhere a color described as sandstone. Would it be semi-accurate to use? It was on a C-5 Hanger.
ahs06
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ahs06 »

I think your best bet would be to cross reference what your looking for. Considering how many scenery packs have been done of former SAC bases, check those out first. You can also take a sample from an image using a paint program. I'm not sure how accurate that would be though.

Have you tried this if you know the general color?
http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/page-RG ... s-USA.html
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
timbob1
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by timbob1 »

Hey that's a geat resource, Thanks for that.
Tim
Regards
Tim

Scenery Designer