Deploy chute and spoilers on hold short before start

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Deploy chute and spoilers on hold short before start

Post by gsnde »

I am sure that this has never happened before, but I suddenly see that all AI aircraft have their spoilers / chute / flaps animations triggered when they are at the hold short node before they start ... disgusting behavior!

This is FSX Acceleration, but again, this is a new one. I have not yet checked if this is only on my airport or everywhere, but my feeling is that this is a very local self-introduced issue :roll:

Anybody has seen this before?
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Re: Deploy chute and spoilers on hold short before start

Post by tango234 »

I've got FSX Acceleration and my AI has never had that problem :?

Did you install/change something recently?
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

tango234 wrote:I've got FSX Acceleration and my AI has never had that problem :?

Yes, neither did I ....
tango234 wrote:I've got FSX Acceleration and my AI has never had that problem :?

Many, many things at this airport - I am redoing it. I suspect it is caused by the IFOLS object which looks great but also cause crashes if you have crash detection on. Will test without it this evening.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I found the culprit. Ironically it is the excellent tool Super Traffic Board that I use to monitor AI traffic. It interacts with the flight simulator and let you do great things with AI. I have informed the developer Simon about this bug.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks Martin, I actually just purchased it after seeing your recommendation on your site, although I have not seen the above issue in my FSX set up.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Victory103 wrote:Thanks Martin, I actually just purchased it after seeing your recommendation on your site, although I have not seen the above issue in my FSX set up.
Spoilers can be easily missed if you are not looking too hard or from a larger distance. But no so chutes :wink: Can you try it with one of the AIs that deploy a chute, e.g. the SBAI Tu-22? I would appreciate that feedback.

Simon has replied that he indeed lowers the flaps for AI aircraft that pass the hold short node. Are the chute and the spoilers connected to the flaps? Then the cause would be clear, and I would ask Simon to make that an optional feature.
Cheers,
Martin