Texture question

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Texture question

Post by DaleRFU »

Hi all,

When you have applied a texture to your scenery object and you place that texture into a addon scenery folder, does flightsim check those folders first before it checks the main texture folder. For example, if I had the same texture in both my addon scenery/myscenery folder and the main texture folder but then I edit the one in myscenery It should change right, but if I do it the other way around it shouldn't affect it?

I just thourght about this and I wasn't sure.

Kind Regards
Dale
:smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
fishlips

Re: Texture question

Post by fishlips »

I'm not sure in which order gets checked first but certainly not a good idea to have duplicate named texture files as they can cause the texture not show at all on the model! That can be a nightmere to track down in weeks and months ahead when you've forgotten all about them. Not to mention its also a waist of memory and only adds to disadvantage FS loading time. I'm sure the guy's here can also add more reasons not to do it on purpose.
If your making the model your self and need to change the texture a bit to suit a different purpose, then also change texture file name.

Mark
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

FS9 always checks the local texture folder first, then goes to the global texture folder (FS9/Texture) if it can't find the required texture in the local folder.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

Thanks for that very helpful :smt006
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy