What else are you playing?

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: What else are you playing?

Post by shaggy22 »

MIKE JG wrote:I am trying REALLY, REALLY, REALLY freeking hard not to throw my PS3 out the window when playing FIFA 12. Somehow, EAS has managed to take ALL of the fun out of this game. It is so difficult to play now, I'm not sure how much longer I will keep playing it.

If you are not one of these freak show teenagers that can manipulate 8 buttons at once in a very specific combination, forget it, you're not going to be able to compete.

EA Sports FIFA 12.........FAIL! :twisted:
Try playing Battlefield 3! Don't get me wrong it's a good game too play, in a lot of aspects MUCH better than CoD, but it's infuriating when everyone else has guided missles on the aircraft and you've got nothing too defend yourself with.
Oh well, back too getting my ass whupped :smt003
Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

I'm back refurbishing my F-16 flying skills in Falcon 4.0 Allied Force on my current computer prior to installing Falcon 4.0 BMS 4.32 on a hot new PC that I am currently designing and will be building shortly. I just finished converting one of my HOTAS Cougars to a DIY force sensing joystick that so far works like a dream. I never realized how accurate and precise these force sensing joysticks could be. :D

My original HOTAS Cougar has just undergone a conversion to Uber2 NXT gimbals and Hall sensors and will be used with FSX which I will be installing on my new PC. I've also picked up a copy of the DCS A-10C Warthog and a HOTAS Warthog that I will also be installing on my new PC. :D

A DIY cockpit is on the drawing board that will accomodate both my HOTAS Cougars or my HOTAS Warthog so I can switch back and forth between them depending on whether I am flying the F-16C, A-10C or any of the many aircraft in FSX. This cockpit will have 2 monitors, one a 23 inch LCD touchscreen for all the instrumentation and the other either a 23 or 27 inch LCD for the FOV. :D

I can't fly in the real world anymore due to a medical certificate problem so I decided and my wife agreed that I will do all my flying in the simulator world. :wink:

Mike M.
    Mike M.
    BadPvtDan
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

mikewmac wrote:
    I can't fly in the real world anymore due to a medical certificate problem so I decided and my wife agreed that I will do all my flying in the simulator world. :wink:

Mike M.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    "The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
    reconmercs
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran
    Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

just got done finishing the MW3 campaign...my review....IT SUCKS, don't bother getting this game. Granted, your either a fan of the series or your not, but the whole "reflex trigger, kill over a hundred guys per mission" has gotten really old in my book after the first couple releases. The most recent Medal of Honor from a few months back beats this one hands down. And of course there is always ARMA II and Hidden & Dangerous II which is still by far the best tactical games out there imho.
    Cowboymarine1593
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by Cowboymarine1593 »

ive been recently dabbing into the new battlefield 3, campain was pretty good, not hundreds of enemy but the storyline could have used a little more work but all around not a bad game
    Greg
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin
    Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I'm sick of these war games that cost €60 but are finished in less than 10 hours. The last CoD I bought was MW2 I think. Didn't bother with Black Ops and won't bother with MW3. I loved the first CoD but it just gets old.

Give me RPG's that offer dozens of hours of gameplay. I've logged about 40Hrs in Skyrim now and I've only seen a fraction of the world. This weekend I'm also beta testing Star Wars: The Old Republic which is Bioware's new MMORPG.
    shaggy22
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by shaggy22 »

If you're after a campaign that lasts more than a couple of hours then get Farcry 2. It's a little gory and dark but i've not come across a game with such seemingly endless possibilities.
    Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
    Flyin Illini
    Major
    Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

I have all of the recent Modern Warfares plus blacks ops and World at War, i only play the multiplayer lol. Only beaten Call of Duy 4 and Modern Warfare 2 on insane difficulty for a challenge. Anyone play xbox 360 online? I have battlefield 3 for it as well and only play it with one person.
    Phantoms Phorever!
    MIKE JG
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Alright my fellow FIFA12 peeps, I know you are out there. I just finished my second season in Manager mode. FINALLY starting to get better at this game, it's taken a while. Managed to finish in second place in the Barclay's Premier League playing as and managing Liverpool FC. Last couple games were enjoyable as I know how to play to my team's strengths now.

The game is still very frustrating at times, the officiating is very inconsistent but I'm not sure how you get a computer to make judgement calls and get them right every time. There is still plenty of room for improvements but overall, this one is starting to grow on me as some of the player and action dynamics are just incredible. I've found myself saying "wow, that's just like real life" more and more the deeper I get into this game.

The crossing is still jacked up and I still find free kicks difficult to score from but I guess that's something to work on.

I need to figure out how to record my games so I can show off my goals! :mrgreen:
    -Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
    DaleRFU
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

[quote="MIKE JG"] Managed to finish in second place in the Barclay's Premier League playing as and managing Liverpool FC. quote]

Liverpool all the way Mike :smt003 I have lost count of how many times I have completed a season :lol:

For free kicks it is best not to use full power or you will just sky it, or if you hold down L1 (I think) it is suposed to keep it lower. Its all about practice lol. Two great buys for you to get are D. Ba from newcastle and E. Cavani from Napoli 8)
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

DaleRFU wrote:
    MIKE JG wrote: Managed to finish in second place in the Barclay's Premier League playing as and managing Liverpool FC. quote]

Liverpool all the way Mike :smt003 I have lost count of how many times I have completed a season :lol:

For free kicks it is best not to use full power or you will just sky it, or if you hold down L1 (I think) it is suposed to keep it lower. Its all about practice lol. Two great buys for you to get are D. Ba from newcastle and E. Cavani from Napoli 8)
    What console do you use Dale?

Mark :D
    Mark
    MIKE JG
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

DaleRFU wrote:Liverpool all the way Mike :smt003 I have lost count of how many times I have completed a season :lol:

YNWA! Big match tomorrow, I'll have to get up early here to watch but it should be worth it.

Another really annoying feature of this year's FIFA is how it simulates injuries! :evil:

In a span of two games I lost Suarez to a blown hamstring (out 3 months) followed by the next game where I lost Carroll for 3 weeks with, you guessed it, hamstring injury, followed by the next game where I lost Kuyt with, wait for it......., a pulled hamstring!!!!!!!!!! I was barely able to beat Leicester City for heavens sake!

However, despite all that, way down on my reserve list, hiding in waiting was my secret weapon....... Craig Bellamy!!!!! :mrgreen: I just destroyed Arsenal 7-2 so they can suck it!
    -Mike G.

DaleRFU
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by DaleRFU »

I use the PS3.

Mike,I haven't had that problem in a long time but it can't make much of a difference not having Carroll :lol: , but today I lost Saurez for five long months with ligament damage, I was not not impressed :lol: Thankfully I have Cavani in the line up.

Cant wait for tomorrow should be a good game, hopefully, but I hope we dont talk about the game for the wrong reasons
    Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
    MIKE JG
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

We'll see. Hoping for a good day tomorrow.
    -Mike G.

mr.bean
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

Update: Besides Flight Sim 04, and X, also Mario Kart, I've been playing this FB game called Top Gun. Ya'll should give it a spin.