C-130 Canadian

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
rogwen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

C-130 Canadian

Post by rogwen »

I cannot find the Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 model anywhere, for my scenery of CPZ3, but I did note that MAIW have made an AI package which includes several C-130's. Can I get hold of one or two of the textures plus the model? I have no idea how you guys work or if the planes are downloadable somewhere; I do know that I couldn't find them if they are! I would appreciate an email at rogwen@rogers.com
I did find a C-130 by Mike Stone; does it always land nose-high and then taxi with its tail on the ground?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: C-130 Canadian

Post by Greg »

Hello rogwen and welcome to our forums!

If you're looking to download and install the Canadian C-130 package, you can go to our website and choose "Packages" -> "Map" in the menu. If you navigate your way to Canada on this map, you will find the download link to the Canadian C-130 package. (Note: this is one of our oldest packages and requires the World of AI (WoAI) installer.)

You can also see which MAIW packages use the C-130 by going to this page and select "C-130" in the left column.

The C-130 AI models we use are always from Henry Tomkiewicz (HTAI).

Now just to be sure: I don't know if you intend to include this model in the scenery project your mentioned and if you're going to make it public, but please be aware that you'd need permission from Henry to do so plus the permission of the painter of any repaints you'd like to include as well.

I hope this helps.
rogwen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rogwen »

Tirithon wrote:Hello rogwen and welcome to our forums!

If you're looking to download and install the Canadian C-130 package, you can go to our website and choose "Packages" -> "Map" in the menu. If you navigate your way to Canada on this map, you will find the download link to the Canadian C-130 package. (Note: this is one of our oldest packages and requires the World of AI (WoAI) installer.)

You can also see which MAIW packages use the C-130 by going to this page and select "C-130" in the left column.

The C-130 AI models we use are always from Henry Tomkiewicz (HTAI).

Now just to be sure: I don't know if you intend to include this model in the scenery project your mentioned and if you're going to make it public, but please be aware that you'd need permission from Henry to do so plus the permission of the painter of any repaints you'd like to include as well.

I hope this helps.
Well, it sort of helps, but this seems to be a package that installs some aircraft plus some flight plans? Please correct me if I am wrong. What I want is one (or two) C-130's with Canadian markings, that I can install manually, and arrange my own AI between Trenton and Mountain View, where the Canadian C-130's practice rough field landings. What I intend to do is attach the C-130 and the AI to the Mountain View scenery and post it on Flightsim and Avsim; if this is too complicated then I will just forget the idea.

By the way, I tried a Mike Stone C-130 and it landed way nose high and then taxied off to the apron dragging its tail along the ground like a dog with an itchy butt. Do all his C-130's do that, or was I just unlucky with the one I tried?
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there and welcome.

For the models only, you can download them here;

http://www.htai-models.com/downloads.html

If you're intending making a file for downloading etc., you'd need to contact Henry through his site to get permission from him to use the model.

The Canadian paints were done by Graham King and can be found here;

http://www.graham-king.me.uk/index.htm

Again, for publishing as a package, you'll need to contact Graham and get permission also.

Not sure about Mike Stone's C130, but it wasn't really designed as an AI model, so perhaps that's why it doesn't perform as well.

Hope this helps.

(BTW: if you decide just to make use of them for your own system, there's no problems)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
rogwen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rogwen »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi there and welcome.

For the models only, you can download them here;

http://www.htai-models.com/downloads.html

If you're intending making a file for downloading etc., you'd need to contact Henry through his site to get permission from him to use the model.

The Canadian paints were done by Graham King and can be found here;

http://www.graham-king.me.uk/index.htm

Again, for publishing as a package, you'll need to contact Graham and get permission also.

Not sure about Mike Stone's C130, but it wasn't really designed as an AI model, so perhaps that's why it doesn't perform as well.

Hope this helps.

(BTW: if you decide just to make use of them for your own system, there's no problems)
relfel66
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by relfel66 »

Roger, did you create a scenery for CPZ3?
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

Roger's CPZ3 is up on Flightsim and I must say I'm very impressed ! Great stuff ,Nice work .
Roger, did you ever peek into the hanger's ?
Cheers
Brian