RAF Ta'Qali

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
james
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

RAF Ta'Qali

Post by james »

I took a picture at the aviation museum located on this once raf base and they had picture on the wall of the layout so I thought seemed straight forward id give it ago when i got home from Malta turns out it aint. So I thought why not post the pic up here and see if anyone want to give it ago. I thought of this as a retro package but it dosnt matter really if nobody does it. I know this was there RAF 6-1953/C & M 4-1963 whatever squadron and aircraft that was

Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: RAF Ta'Qali

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Is Mdina Glass still based on that site? (Off topic)

Malta is my favourite destination. Got many good friends over there.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
james
Captain
Captain

Post by james »

aye its still there. I did read somting of vulcans visiting this field and it was used up to the 60's and beyond till idk it was decomissioned. I even got told at the Lascaris war rooms the RAF used to base aircraft here during the cold war to harass Russian subs in the area and do a little maritime patrol so they can plot the subs positions
scottr5213
Captain
Captain

Post by scottr5213 »

It looks to be an interesting subject but couldnt find anything on google earth.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Scott,

Search GE for Ta'Qali, Malta. It'll take you straight to the old base. If you see the International Football stadium.............you're there! :lol:

It was called Ta Kali, by the RAF, which is a bit of a misnomer as the actual Maltese pronounciation of the name is "Ta Ali".

RAF were also based at Luqa, where Malta International Airport is now.

There was also a 3rd base in the South of the Island at Hal Far.
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

There was another guy from Malta, but he had a totally different view of our packages. I don't think he visits anymore.

Mark
Mark
DaleRFU
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Biggles7 wrote:
campbeme wrote:There was another guy from Malta, but he had a totally different view of our packages. I don't think he visits anymore.

Mark
Thanks for taking an interest, dear Mark.
Whatever view that 'other guy' embraced, it certainly ain't mine!! I can't thank you enough for livening up my world in FS9. Somehow, without military AI, it seemed 'empty'. And at the time, back in 2004-2005, I realized it was a virtually impossible feat for one guy to populate his own FS9 with military AI in a realistic way...and I was resigned to that fact, because all the payware stuff I could see did not address the military AI deficiency at all.

MAIW has not only transformed the world of FS9 but also the golden adage: "The Best Things in Life are Free."
I will second that
Sincerely,
Ronald[/quote]
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy