An idea i had a while ago

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
shaggy22
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

An idea i had a while ago

Post by shaggy22 »

Do you remember I asked a while back that I had an idea & asked for a painter to give me a hand, well.....Ta Dah

Myself & Daryl Payne present the Colombian Air Force AC-47T "Fantasma" (Ghost) using the excellent DC3 model by John Young. The marvellous paints are done by Daryl whilst flightplans & the waypoints are done by myself. The fleet is spread out all over Colombia, there's a list in the readme file of exactly where. Should be up on avsim in a couple of hours or so. Enjoy :D

Dan

"Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground"

Twitter: @DRAviography
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DanReevesAviography/
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: An idea i had a while ago

Post by delbydoo »

Took a little longer than I anticipated but we got there. Just to point out that the FAC AC-47T's are actually Basler Daks, but as there is no AI one, we thought that John's would suffice as a decent replacement. Anyway, what's in an engine? :D
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks guys for these, one of my favorite repaints for the freeware BT-67, and another excuse to have DC-3's in the sim.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this aircraft model by John Young can be downloaded? Ta.
Regards,

Alan
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

It's part of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight AI pack associated with the Imperial War Museum, Duxford scenery by ACG. acg_iwm_duxford_fs9.zip / acg_iwm_duxford_fsx.zip at AVSIM.

I have an FS9 ADE file for SKAP that only needs some dusting off, if anyone's interested.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

@Alan, search acg_ai_pack1_fs9.zip, got mine at Flightsim.

@RKE, that's the only AFD I need, if you don't mind please post and I can get it working in FSX if it's ADE9X.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Alan Robertson »

Ok, got it now, thanks. :D
Regards,

Alan
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Sorry for the delay, but I got a bit carried away doing SKPQ as well. Both will need new background polys & flattens, but as Sbuilder has decided to stop playing nice, I'm currently unable to do them myself.

I've left the western apron of SKPQ empty, for two reasons: One, because the default landclass has the river way too close to the base meaning it had to be cut in half, and two, because it looks like a "visiting traffic"-type apron, for which the AI traffic doesn't exist as far as I know. Google Earth images shows about 5 different types parked there!
Attachments
SKPQ_ADE9_KDL.BGL
(4.62 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
SKAP_ADE9_KDL.BGL
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 48 times