New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...

Post by Felixthreeone »

Hey guys...just wanted to give a heads up on a new KNUW scenery available on simviation. FSX-native Whidbey NAS, with IFLOLS and ORBX-PNW compatible ground poly...

...I modded the ADE file included with it to make it work with our MAIW parking codes, and it works great! You have to remove the static EA-6B's and Hornets, which is easily done by deleting the associated bgl's...and if you own ORBX PNW, you have to remove/disable the ADE file they have installed to 'spruce up' Whidbey....from the PNW scenery folder. I have attached my modded ADE below..
Attachments
KNUW_ADEX_CHA.BGL
(45.36 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
Matt

ronniegj

Re: New FSX Whidbey scenery on simviation...

Post by ronniegj »

Thanks for sharing, Matt! Ron
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the heads up, off to download and install, got some new Growler squadron that needs a proper home.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
h3pilot
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by h3pilot »

Felixthreeone wrote:Hey guys...just wanted to give a heads up on a new KNUW scenery available on simviation. FSX-native Whidbey NAS, with IFLOLS and ORBX-PNW compatible ground poly...

...I modded the ADE file included with it to make it work with our MAIW parking codes, and it works great! You have to remove the static EA-6B's and Hornets, which is easily done by deleting the associated bgl's...and if you own ORBX PNW, you have to remove/disable the ADE file they have installed to 'spruce up' Whidbey....from the PNW scenery folder. I have attached my modded ADE below..
Matt,
Thanks for the update on KNUW! It is my home field and the standard ORBX PNW version has been killing me.
I know nothing about modifying airfields and had a couple questions.
- Is there a way for me to put IFLOLS (no cables) on the active runways (where they are in real life)? (And also remove it and the wires from Juliet taxiway)
- I have ORBX PNW and their NA GA AI traffic installed. What should I do with my ADE files and your modified one? (I am clueless with regard to static and AI aircraft.)

Are you really at Willow Grove? I flew with VR-61 out of Whidbey and stopped there a few times.
Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Matt
Felixthreeone
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Felixthreeone »

h3pilot wrote:
Felixthreeone wrote:Hey guys...just wanted to give a heads up on a new KNUW scenery available on simviation. FSX-native Whidbey NAS, with IFLOLS and ORBX-PNW compatible ground poly...

Matt,
Thanks for the update on KNUW! It is my home field and the standard ORBX PNW version has been killing me.
I know nothing about modifying airfields and had a couple questions.
- Is there a way for me to put IFLOLS (no cables) on the active runways (where they are in real life)? (And also remove it and the wires from Juliet taxiway)
- I have ORBX PNW and their NA GA AI traffic installed. What should I do with my ADE files and your modified one? (I am clueless with regard to static and AI aircraft.)

Are you really at Willow Grove? I flew with VR-61 out of Whidbey and stopped there a few times.
Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Matt
Hey Matt! I will try to answer your questions in order:

1)There is a way to add the IFLOLS to the actives, but you would need a scenery placer to do it
2)there is a bgl in the whidbey scenery folder called 'FLOLS.bgl'; I assume removing it would remove the IFLOLS, but I cannot say if that would take the wires out too....
3)The modified ADE file i made replaces the one in the Whidbey scenery folder. I kept the naming the same so just over-write the one that came with it.
4)There is a file that ORBX PNW installs called 'ADE_FTX_PNW_KNUW_Whidbey_I_NAS.BGL'. It needs to be removed completely in order for the scenery and AI to work with no issues. It resides in the ORBX/NA/Scenery/FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY/Scenery folder. Just remove it and put the one i posted in the Whidbey/scenery folder
5)I was not stationed there, but I grew up about 2 minutes from it and spent a big chunk of my life there doing aviation photography, then junior marines, then USNSCC, etc...so It has a special place in my heart. BRAC killed Willow Grove a few years a go, but some friends and I are working on a tribute package depicting the NAS early 1990's that will be really cool...
Matt

h3pilot
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by h3pilot »

Hi Matt,

Thanks very much for the answers!
I'll give them a go this afternoon. It's about time I learned more about AI and how scenery really works :)

Matt