So far so good.....

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

So far so good.....

Post by delbydoo »

Working on a rather special package at the moment, but it needed an object that I haven't been able to find: an old RAF accumulator trolley.
So - biting the bit very hard, I got FSDS3 up and running again and after a few hours work I got what I wanted; a lot of trial and error and a BIG BIG thank you to Mike G. for his splendid tutorials which helped me understand far more than the supposed "Help" manual does. Even managed a boolean op without error so rather chuffed at that. It is 90% done - just need to put a dolly wheel on the front with some support braces and then texture it..... :smt017

MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: So far so good.....

Post by MIKE JG »

You're welcome Daryl, see nothing to it. :smt003
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by RKE »

I must admit, when I saw the first screenshot, I thought it was a head-on shot of a Sea King with slightly outsized wheels :lol:
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

:smt043
RKE wrote:I must admit, when I saw the first screenshot, I thought it was a head-on shot of a Sea King with slightly outsized wheels :lol:
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Reminded me of something from Robot wars :P

It will look the business when the textures are on it, well done mate.
Mark
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Having a couple of sticky problems, if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.
First is the highlighted area - there seems to be some strange green colour coming from somewhere, which is very odd as I have no green in the model at all - the whole thing is grey in FSDS so I don't know where this is coming from.
The second is the not relevant because I just fixed that as I was typing this! :oops:

Any help on the green stuff would be appreciated :D

aljude
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by aljude »

delbydoo wrote:Thanks for the encouraging words guys. Having a couple of sticky problems, if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.
First is the highlighted area - there seems to be some strange green colour coming from somewhere, which is very odd as I have no green in the model at all - the whole thing is grey in FSDS so I don't know where this is coming from.
The second is the not relevant because I just fixed that as I was typing this! :oops:

Any help on the green stuff would be appreciated :D
Did you crop the texture from a sheet of several textures?... the green appears when you "over crop" the texture [off the edge]... if that makes sense :wink:
Time travel does exist, i just discovered it next week...
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

aljude wrote:Did you crop the texture from a sheet of several textures?... the green appears when you "over crop" the texture [off the edge]... if that makes sense :wink:
Nope, just a single texture with one colour, 256x256, although I'm sure I could have got away with 64x64 being as it was a single colour, so no cropping was necessary. The shape was made from a tube and moulded into shape but otherwise that's it. Brian has put it in "the project" and says he didn't notice it, so I may have gotten away with it. :)
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Post or PM the file and texture Daryl.
I'm sure it is something simple although I don't know what without a peak at it.
Mark