The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
fishlips

Re: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Post by fishlips »

1.jpg
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by nickblack423 »

That is looking excellent Mark. Well done mate keep it up with this, it's really getting there.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

We should have like button definitely!
VIVA LA VIDA
james84

Post by james84 »

Terrific!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I heard that somebody has/is making an AI FSX version but are unlikely to make it FS9 compatable so here we are yet again. I don't think I'll personally be going past the A & B model for FS9 as I mostly fly, when I fly these days, in FSX.
With so many animations working in this model, to turn it into an FSX native model would require somebody with a heck of a lot patience and knowledge in FSX compatable custom xml coding. Still, the FS9 version will work fine in an FSX environment, just not as frame rate friendly when in large flocks grouped close together. I can't say what the FSX AI version is like or what special effects it has or if it is even freeware, I just heard that there was one on the way and they are watching this thread closely with interest!
I've come this far so I may as well complete what is done, even if I'm the only one using it in the sim. :P
At very least, this model will suit those who would have it as a Gate Guard or virtual museum peice :roll:
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: AW: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Post by gsnde »

Take a look at the feedback you have received for the screenshots so far, Mark. I would bet that this model will be ripped of your hands the second you say "do you want to have a look at this just finished F-35...".
Cheers,
Martin
Major
Major

Re: AW: F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

Post by sr01 »

gsnde wrote:Take a look at the feedback you have received for the screenshots so far, Mark. I would bet that this model will be ripped of your hands the second you say "do you want to have a look at this just finished F-35...".
I'll echo that !!!
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by petebramley »

Hi Mark

I have already reserved space on my HD's for this model. Your work on this will be very much
appreciated by a great many people. Its just that the silent majority like to keep silent :D :D
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Yeh Mark, please dont lose heart on this mate. You have done a cracking bit of work here and it would be a crying shame to lose it all. This is a great model of an aircraft that (if it gets anywhere) will dominate airspace in many countries in the years to come, so it is worth all the effort.

Nick
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Mark,

I think that the MGAI F-35 JSF models have the potential to be both ground breaking and very unique AI models that you are doing an outstanding job on. I of course don't have inside knowledge of or experience with them, ummm..... well maybe just a little, so I'm just saying. :shock: 8) :D
Last edited by mikewmac on 17 May 2013, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
    Mike M.
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Firstly, to those people in Texas effected by the devastating tornados. My best wishes are with them today.

On the F-35 front;
    At this stage, I'm at very least looking at completing the F-35B in various models, given help from both Kevin Reed and Magic Mike but there is no time frame on its completion as my hobby time has been short lately.

Much about this model is surrounded by the custom xml animation sequences more so than the structural model it self. Having the airframe simulate the F-35 take-off and landing will be paramount to its eye candy success, otherwise it will just be another AI aircraft of very ordinary construction and paintwork.
    Generally, I don't like to duplicate AI models, nor do I see a lot of sense in me upgrading models for the sake of adding a different antenna placement or armament after the fact, I'll leave that to other people who have a need for it.
    I like to spend my hobby time adding basic models, scenery objects and AI for which we don't have in the sim and there are still a lot yet to be developed, or finished off for that matter :oops:
    Trevytt2004
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

fishlips wrote:
    1.jpg

May i ask what scenery is that.....i'm hoping MAIW related.....

all the best

Trev
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I don't make airports themselves very often, instead I prefer to make the objects for other people to place onto the afcad. I've made everything from cars to war ships and 1000's of objects inbetween, so I really don't get the house hold name that others do a MAIW who make the whole package but that is what I prefer to do. Making afcads and airport ground work is of little interest to me development wise, so I do what I can to help others achieve there wants and needs and not just at MAIW.

With all these new AI models coming out, it would seem that we may need a range of new aircraft carriers for them to fly-off. Several countries including my own have new carriers on the build in real life. :P

cheer's,
    campbeme
    MAIW Staff
    MAIW Staff
    Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Trevytt2004 wrote:
    fishlips wrote:
    1.jpg

all the best

Trev
    You can find that scenery in the MAIW RAAF East Sale package.
    Mark
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Seems I didn't read your post very well! :P
    Trevytt2004
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by Trevytt2004 »

Guys, thanks for both your replies. Reason I'm asking is because I'm doing the fences for a fsx version of the recently released mildenhall package. So far I've replaced all the trees in and around the base, albeit with orbx england trees, so unless you have ftx uk eng installed the trees won't appear but i do hope to do a version with more readily available to all tree objects. The fences in that shot would be perfect for egun, just hope they are fsx friendly or i may be on bended knees asking fishlips to see if he could knock some up if thats at all possible. Screens are on the fsx conversion thread showing progress so far
    All the best
    Trev
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

so unless you have ftx uk eng installed the trees won't appear
    This is the best scenery add-on going for the UK at present time and is worth every pound!

Somebody mention flanker!
    3.jpg
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Looks great with the Pylons now in place, next to come are some fire crackers :P
    Mike Mac did a great job with the after burner effects and nav lights.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    fishlips

Post by fishlips »

A few trial weapons on the wing that aren't texture mapped as yet. The inturnal bayment is also full of goodies.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    nickblack423
    MAIW Veteran
    MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Wow Mark that is looking fabulous mate. So glad you've not given up on this.

Nick