100 Squadron Hawks

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

100 Squadron Hawks

Post by Dinga69 »

Anybody fancy these? Decided Tatty Ton needed a bit of a makeover, and rather than asking someone to do it, got off my backside and had a crack myself. It's my first package, so if you see anything untoward - holler and I'll try correct it!! I've used Nick's paintkit as a starting point and gone from there (there's quite a few errors, such as panels that don't exist, but easily corrected). Thanks Nick and thanks Daryl for pointing me in the direction of FS Repaint! Also, Arno for ModelConverterX which allowed me to make many corrections almost on the fly!! Previews below:

campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: 100 Squadron Hawks

Post by campbeme »

I'm glad you painters are enjoying the paint kits. Lots of good stuff this week on the user boards cheers.
Mark
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Wow very impressed mate, especially as there your first efforts. Definitely be interested in the bomber :D
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Glad you like them, the only thing I'm not really 100% happy with is the no-step area on the leading edge - the yellow seems a bit too wide, so I may redo this later. And mess around trying to get some nose door stencils on too, but I thimk there'll be too much distortion to make worthwhile. I'll upload later in full 32bit so users can choose themselves to drop quality to dxt3 mip, no mip etc. Ther's just a couple of corrections I need to applyI'm havng a play with Edit Voicepack too as 100 Sqn use different callsigns now from what was supplied.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Very nice ones, Dinga :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: MSFS

Post by DaleRFU »

Very nice Dinga :mrgreen:
Please visit my YouTube channel @ https://www.youtube.com/user/daledelboy
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Thanks guys - here's a link so you can have them all:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/778 ... k%20T1.rar

There's a few extra bits on the sheet going from the remove before flight pennant to the rescaled wheels and Adour fan. Help yourself to cut and paste any of these into your own work if you like. If anyone has the serials for 208 Sqn and special colour schemes, I'll have a go at doing them next. Enjoy!!!
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Thanks Dinga!
This is a useful site for quick and fairly up-to-date numbers

http://www.ondutchwings.nl/db.php
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Very useful indeed - looks like I've got another job on!! Not sure whether to say thanks or swear!! :D Actually quite straight forward as the base template is made - the Union Jack jet might be fun!!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Dinga69 wrote:Very useful indeed - looks like I've got another job on!! Not sure whether to say thanks or swear!! :D Actually quite straight forward as the base template is made - the Union Jack jet might be fun!!
I'm sure the Union Jack paints been done....was it Ray?
Mark
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Haven't seen it anywhere - I'll have a crack anyway, but nice to know if one is about!!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Dinga69 wrote:Haven't seen it anywhere - I'll have a crack anyway, but nice to know if one is about!!
Know it was Tranquil, yes I'm sure he has done the Union Jack Hawk.
Mark
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Any chance of a link please?
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Are you sure that wasn't for the Iris Hawk Mark? I know he's done a TON of those but not sure about AI ones.....
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

delbydoo wrote:Are you sure that wasn't for the Iris Hawk Mark? I know he's done a TON of those but not sure about AI ones.....
Yeah you may be right Daryl, Iris sounds correct.
Mark
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Now up on Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=177970

I'll remove the Dropbox link after a few weeks. Just wanted the MAIW community to have the first bite of the cherry!! :lol:
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Hi guys, if you're referring to XX201 XX263 2010 display hawk, yes ive done them for the NBAI Hawk, But they were not hand painted, i just used the preview images that were out at the time and basically pasted them over, lazy i know, but never got around to fully hand painting them....
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

Dinga69 wrote:Now up on Avsim: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=177970

I'll remove the Dropbox link after a few weeks. Just wanted the MAIW community to have the first bite of the cherry!! :lol:

Thank you :D
Mark
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

@ Tranquil - we're refering to XX278 - the 2012 display jet, there were two in this scheme, but going by internet info, the other one is now black again. Will certainly have a crack at it - been doing the FRADU Hawks, just to get used to painting curves again, and all the 208 black jets are done! Will probably release them when 278 is finished, so FRADU will probably appear first.
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Tranquil »

Ok, then yes ive done that along with XX230 ;)

Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.