777 down at KSFO

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
petebramley
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: 777 down at KSFO

Post by petebramley »

:smt046 :smt046
Pete B
Retired and busier than ever !!
phantomfreak
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by phantomfreak »

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Bazinga!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Perfect "Anchorman" moment for sure, "he'll read anything on the teleprompter!"
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

MIKE JG wrote:

The Koreans are very very bright and smart so I was puzzled by their inability to fly an airplane well. They would show up on Day 1 of training (an hour before the scheduled briefing time, in a 3-piece suit, and shined shoes) with the entire contents of the FCOM and Flight Manual totally memorized. But, putting that information to actual use was many times impossible. Crosswind landings are also an unsolvable puzzle for most of them. I never did figure it out completely, but I think I did uncover a few clues. Here is my best guess. First off, their educational system emphasizes ROTE memorization from the first day of school as little kids. As you know, that is the lowest form of learning and they act like robots. They are also taught to NEVER challenge authority and in spite of the flight training heavily emphasizing CRM/CLR, it still exists either on the surface or very subtly. You just can’t change 3000 years of culture.
From my experience in India I can say this behavior is at least also wide-spread in India as well. But in India there is another factor putting danger to civil aviation: corruption. Not too long ago some flight schools were closed because they were faking documents.
This might be an interesting read for you:
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... gh-landing
"DGCA sources said the pilot while flying the private Indigo airliner made a rough landing at Goa airport on January 11 using the nose wheel instead of the rear landing gear.
Investigations have revealed that she used the wrong technique several times, the sources said."
How can this happen several times? Was she alone in the cockpit? Again there is this Asian authority thing...To use the words of my Indian friends: "This happens only in India."
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
mr.bean
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by mr.bean »

Mike. It's a prank.
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

Laughed so hard, couldn't suppress the tears! Made my day. Ron
sr01
Major
Major

Post by sr01 »

MIKE JG wrote:The media in this country is so stupid these days, it's just embarrassing. They're clueless, they really are.

As evidence I present: http://youtu.be/L1JYHNX8pdo

If they pull it, search KTVU Asiana fail

:smt090
Further to this post
http://slothed.com/2013/07/23/korean-ne ... r-failure/