Jaap de Baare - Lockheed P-2 Neptune

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Jaap de Baare - Lockheed P-2 Neptune

Post by gsnde »

The prop texture needs some work before it goes well in FSX. I like the P2, P3 and Breguet very much, and from my - purely emotional - point of view the P-8 is a nightmare as a succesor.

>>> Click here to see all shots at The Owl's Nest Gallery.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: Jaap de Baare - Lockheed P-2 Neptune

Post by gsnde »

These are from another session:

Cheers,
Martin

Post by fishlips »

Well done again Martin, nice pic's.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Martin, I recently found and used this A/C in my sim at KNPA. When I found it and viewed your pics I was reminded that I had made a flight in one of the USN's last operational P-2s. In 1965 I was stationed in Key West with VX-1 and was lucky enough to get a ride-along flight so to add to my monthly flight time requirement. I can remember being allowed to sit up in the nose for part of the flight, and being cautioned not to touch the plexiglass lest I get a shock from the static charge. Needless to say I did not touch. Now whether or not the crew was pulling my leg I never found out. What a great view over the Florida Keys! It was a memorable experience to fly in such a neat aircraft. I have thought the P-2 was such a functionally beautiful plane. As they use to say "Two turning and two burning". I'm going to look for my old logbooks and find the bureau number of that P-2.

Oh, and by the way your shots are great. (No Mitre ? :lol: )
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

Joecoastie, I'm pretty sure the shock is real. I've worked with the Neptune and Minden P-2V's for two years, and there was a shock warning sticker inside the nose.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Joe,

Thank you for sharing this story. Now it is not only a nice aircraft, but a nice aircraft with a story I won't forget. I must admit that I'm a bit jealous regarding this flight :smt001
Cheers,
Martin