Araxos Greek Package

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
jinx
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Araxos Greek Package

Post by jinx »

in another post, I mentioned it might be a good idea to make an AI Traffic pack for Araxos featuring either the Hellenic Tiger or the Olympos scheme of the F-104G that Nick Manousakis, a friend and retired pilot, had painted. Nick is retired from the Greek AF now.
Below is a link at utube showing him painting the Tiger. He is the tall man with white hair and moustache standing by the fin and then kneeling on the dorsal spine of the a/c.

I will collect data for the time and other squadrons at Araxos, though it will probably be 335 and 336 only--a may include visiting a/c from other bases if we like.

I wanted to call Nick today and ask him but this morning I found out through a phonecall to a common friend that it might not be a good idea as his wife is gravely ill and has just had an operation this last Monday. I would feel embarassed to call him at a time of serious stress.

I checked out the Pearson F-104G AI file, but the Tiger and Olympos schemes are not included--only Vietnam scheme and the earlier natural metal scheme are there. I will see if I can start a repaint tomorrow of the Olympos one, which is easier than the Tiger and will try and use Pearson's textures to paint over.

In any case, I will get back to you with any progress I make.

Here is link where you can see Nick Manousakis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpv4EBHBhPo
sr01
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Re: Araxos Greek Package

Post by sr01 »

You have a PM