The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Century Series (American Heavy Metal)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Re: Century Series (American Heavy Metal)

Post by mikeblaze »

Here is the first look at the last part of the Century Series aircraft, the F-100 Super Sabre. This is a fairly complete alpha model, with a mostly complete basic paint kit in play. The aircraft is off to the FDE shop for the master's touch (Mike Mac).

:smt004
Attachments
mpai_f100_alpha.jpg
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

BTW, the F-100C will be done as well. I didn't know just how many USAF/ANG units used this aircraft (a lot) until I started doing research. And then there are the export countries as well (France, Turkey, Denmark, Taiwan). This will be a big package paint-wise.

mins
Captain
Captain

Post by mins »

:D Great!!! ^^b...
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

yay :D I've been waiting for the 100 :D :D :D :D
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Sonarboy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Sonarboy »

Always loved the shape of this aircraft and to saw them flying in my younger days. Faded memories now but you have captured these nicely.

Very happy indeed. Many thanks and cannot wait for their release.

Brian

:D :D :D
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Well done Mike. Just love this aircraft too, having had them repeatedly buzz my house from RAF Whethersfield here in the UK when I was much younger. 20th TFW, shinny silver initially then camo but no tail code. They moved to Upper Heyford in 1970.

John
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

I didn't realize just how many USAF units used the Hun, the USAF painting will rival the F-102 or some of my USN Phantom projects for sheer number of individual squadron liveries. It's not quite as bad as it sounds, as a lot of them are by wing, with simple color changes across the squadrons; and a lot of SEA camo. The Danish ones will be easy (all green).

Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Don H »

Looking fantastic, Mike.

This is one of the most highly desired aircraft in my list. Will be hard to maintain patience while waiting, but I'll try very hard!! :smt003

Hoping you include the Thunderbirds paints as you have before. Was really surprised to see them in the Thud package. Thank You!! (I'm trying to do a little fantasy "get together" of all the aircraft used by the USAF Thunderbirds and the USNavy Blue Angels, including their support aircraft.) :smt007

Again, Thank You for all these you've done so far, and looking forward to any and all on your list.

Don
Don H
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Of course, both the Thunderbirds and their predecessors, the Skyblazers will be in the mix somewhere.... :smt004
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

Be still my beating heart!!! :smt026 Will this include both the C model versions before they flew the Thud for those six shows, then the transition to the D model?

Unfortunately, I never got to see the F-100 fly, as I joined the USAF in 1969, shortly after the Phantom joined the T-Birds. Although I grew up in San Diego, Calif. my family parents were more interested in cars than aircraft, so I never went to any airshows as a youngster. But, myself, I was already building model aircraft before I started in cars. Since we lived just on the other side of the hills dividing us from Miramar NAS, I could see the jets off to the northwest when they were in their high maneuvers.

Again, Thank you for all you've given us in the hobby.
Don
Don H
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

A few years ago we had a Tracor Systems Hun at EGHH, caused a stir amongst the spotters!
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

Hey Mike,

you did it again, the Hun is looking great - you are the Master of the military AI acfts ! :smt023
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Don't anybody forget, this is Jake's original model, I am just carrying it across the finish line. A little tweaking here and there, and a new paint job, that's all...... :smt004
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

Without your finishing up of Jake's models, they would just be languishing in digital purgatory, Mike. I have to thank Jake for starting these, and allowing you to finish them. Hopefully there are some more from this era in the waiting line, perhaps some earlier Grumman and Republic jets?!!

I am really making an effort to learn how to do some basic painting, working on Nick's F-15, doing the Bicentennial scheme on the F-15B Demo aircraft #71291. Slow going. And I still don't have square corners on my brick in FSDS, lol. Really appreciating your skills.

Don
Don H
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

I am certainly looking forward to this one too. I knew of the F-100 when I was young. I still remember seeing the Thunderbirds in an encyclopedia at school and it was probably one of my first model airplane kits at 1:48 scale.

Keith
mikeblaze
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikeblaze »

Here are the finished single-LOD alpha models, in mid-to-late-1950s aluminum paint. From top to bottom, F-100A/C/D/F. The A and C have the early, smaller wings, and this A is the early A with the short tail. There will be some sub-variants, as late A's had the taller C tail, and later C's, D's, and F's had the refuel boom added. The A's and early C's only had four pylons, late C's and early D's had six pylons, the late D had seven pylons, and I'm getting a headache counting, lol...... The models are at the master FDE-maker's workshop, so hopefully some of these will start rolling off of the production line by the end of the month or early February.

Attachments
jmai_f100_beta.jpg
akrite
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by akrite »

....another masterpiece from the godfather of AI-military-acfts ! Great !
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

Just a little tease for the JMAI F-100D and F. :lol:

Below is a screenshot of them this PM in a 2-ship test flight over northern Lake George, NY. :wink:

Mike M.
    Don H
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by Don H »

Looking beautiful!! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
    Don H
    aerogator

Post by aerogator »

mikeblaze wrote:Don't anybody forget, this is Jake's original model, I am just carrying it across the finish line. A little tweaking here and there, and a new paint job, that's all...... :smt004
    Just quickly checking in, Mike once again you have done an outstanding job! These would have never seen the light of day without you. Many, many thanks! And guys, you need to know if you don't already, that he can make anything look great!
    I'm "recuperating" in the Keys right now so I'm just taking a look at what's going on. This place is hopping! Mike, keep up the great work!