Somewhere in Wales

Post all your own Military AI projects here from days gone by.
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Somewhere in Wales

Post by Dinga69 »

A few years ago I downloaded the SimSkunkworks RAE Llanbedr package. The readme suggests using UI models (Some are old FS2002 models if I recall correctly)!! instead of pure AI. As a lot of these models are now availabe in AI format, I decided to give them a makeover. Firstly thanks to the model creators - John Young for the latest models ( Canberra and Sea Vixen), Nick Black for the Hawks, and Dee Waldron for the PA-31! Yes, I know the Sea Vixen didn't have a refuel probe, but I can't alpha this out like the drop tanks, without losing the wing fences!! The colours are all colour-matched to the rest of my work, so when I release them, feel free to tone down to what you need! I know Daryl's Raspberry Ripples are a different hue. I've still a few tweaks to make and would like to add a little shine with the alpha channels! The Sea Vixen and Canberra were pigs to paint, getting everything lined up, but I think they're there now. If you see anything glaringly obvious, please let me know, but meanwhile, here's a few shots to whet your appetite - The PA-31 screenie will follow later :wink:

John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Somewhere in Wales

Post by John Young »

Those paints look gorgeous. I had to look carefully to confirm they were my models. Very well done indeed and thanks for the value-add.

John
Chrisb
Major
Major

Post by Chrisb »

What a good idea. I shall look forward to the release.

Chris
Dinga69
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Dinga69 »

Thanks for the compliment John, but if truth be told, I wouldn't even attempted these if it wasn't for your paintkits!! If sometime in the future you make a Meteor and a Dove - I'll paint them up too :D