Al Minhad (OMDM)

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Al Minhad (OMDM)

Post by raclim »

Hereby I present to you Al Minhad Air base, located in the United Arab Emirates.

I have used the most recent google earth and Bing maps satellite images to place the runways, taxiways, objects, etc
The Scenery objects are not custom made, but are from a variety of available object library's, from which i tried to use the ones that had the most resemblance to the real thing. Also included are the Shelters from which the RAAF Super Hornets are operating at the moment.

A special thanks goes out to John Young for allowing me to use and upload his beautifully created FSX Clamshell Shelters which are a common site at coalition middle-eastern air bases.

This scenery was created and tested in FSX, I don't know if it works in FS9. It would be nice if someone can provide some feedback.

Download link and screenshots ( the photo ground textures seen in the screenshots are not included)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4z64 ... Minhad.zip

In the coming days I wil also upload: Al Dhafra, Bagram, Mazar e Sharrif and Al Udeid.
Kandahar will also be done, but will take some time, because its huge!

Have fun flying!

Best regards,

Randy
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Al Minhad (OMDM)

Post by Victory103 »

Cool Randy, currently at OAIX, but have been stationed at OAMS as well in the past. I've got some FSX based scenery now, it's not completely accurate which is fine. The older OAMS I have included Camp Marmal and GAF AI, based on a 2005 timeframe.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Alan Robertson »

I wonder if you could clarify just where in FSX the Rub Hangers files should be installed. The tree suggests that they should be installed in the main FSX/Scenery folder but I can't find a 'models' folder there. Am I supposed to create one? Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Alan
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

Victory103 wrote:Cool Randy, currently at OAIX, but have been stationed at OAMS as well in the past. I've got some FSX based scenery now, it's not completely accurate which is fine. The older OAMS I have included Camp Marmal and GAF AI, based on a 2005 timeframe.
Hi Chris, First i want to wish you a save stay over there. My cousin was stationed at OAMS for a couple of times aswell, he is an F-16 pilot for the Royal Netherlands Air Force.

I expect both OAIX and OAMS to be uploaded this weekend, so keep an eye out!

Best regards,
Randy
raclim
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by raclim »

Alan Robertson wrote:I wonder if you could clarify just where in FSX the Rub Hangers files should be installed. The tree suggests that they should be installed in the main FSX/Scenery folder but I can't find a 'models' folder there. Am I supposed to create one? Thanks in advance.
Hi Alan,
Sorry for not including this in the upload. The model folder is not really needed, as the scenery only reads the .bgl files which are located in the scenery folder of the 'Rub Hangars' folder.
One option is to place the 'Rub Hangars' folder in your FSX/addon scenery folder and ad it to your Scenery library.

Hope this helpes

Cheers,
Randy
Alan Robertson
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Alan Robertson »

Thanks Randy. Shelters now showing up. :)
Regards,

Alan
Jason

Post by Jason »

Thanks for this scenery, are there flight plans for RAAF aircraft for this scenery or do we need to create them? Cause I don't know how to do that and I have RAAF AI E7 Wedge tails, C-17's, KC-30's and F-18F Super hornets, so it will be nice to have those aircraft populate the scenery for op OKRA as in real life.

Also, VRS have confirmed that the F-18F super Hornet is in production, so it will be an awesome base for that in RAAF colours once released as well.