Military Ships & Ports

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Military Ships & Ports

Post by Woogey »

Hello friends, has there been any discussion here of military shipping? I am looking to build up Coronado in San Diego, and also Norfolk in Virginia. The piers/docks are horrible, and there are more than enough Ai ships to populate the docks and set a really nice atmosphere for us Fly Navy guys. Has anyone started on these two ports? Does any one here have experience programing Ship traffic? -Woog
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: Military Ships & Ports

Post by Victory103 »

Woog,
There was a recently release 180+ AI ship package for FSX. Not sure how much mil was included, I decided I didn't need to wait longer than I do now for FSX to load and my 20,000+ models.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Post by Woogey »

Hey Chris, how do you load that many Ai? My FSX warns me when I have 1000 or more AI requests, and asks me to turn the Ai count down. I am looking to add to, or remake John Stinstrom's version of NAS North Island, by updating the hangars, an adding the full Coronado Naval Base. I have already updated the AFCAD, and added S-3, H-60 Ai, and Static CH-46's. I also retextured the VIKING hangar. I think I will swap out most of the Hangars with Jim Dhaenens hangars. They show in P3d2.5, and they cast shadows. Some of John's do not cast shadows.

For Coronado NS, I have Ticonderoga, Spruance, OHP, Tarawa, Wasp, both LCS, X-Craft, and the Hospital ships in static form for population of the piers. Some are Aerosoft objects, so they will only show if you own the Seahawk/Jayhawk X. I still need to build some docks and learn S-Builder X I'm order to finish this project. -Woog
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

As a VRS user, I only get that "1000 or more simconnect requests" if Tacpack is running. The count I got was from FSInn when the program initially starts as I connect to VATSIM. There are lower poly models out for FS9. I have the Seahawk/Jayhawk package and the Boxer is great to look at, but big hits on framerates.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Now this is a project I can get excited about.

I am able to program ship traffic, to follow KMZ files that you make in google earth. I can show you. It is a bit hard to make them follow in formation if they are going any distance at all, but it is not that hard to do.

Maybe some photoreal coverage to assist?
dworjan
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by dworjan »

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I haven't really been active with FS in a while, but I'd still help if there is anything I can do. If you need any information on any of the Navy bases I can definitely help with that.

Chris