THE NEXT BIG THING

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

THE NEXT BIG THING

Post by Woogey »

Yesterday I posted (on FaceBook) that PilotEdge may be the answer for FSX/P3D network play with Ai. Well my friends, it is not. After testing, it is found that my Ai disappears as soon as I hit "Connect" to the P.E. server. The Ai "Drones" that P.E. offers are kind of a joke. They are ugly, and they do not exhibit realistic behavior in any way. Furthermore, they do not follow any of the Ai paths at our airports.

The concept is sound. If we could upload OUR own Ai to a server, that we all logged into, then we would see common Ai and everything would be right in the world. In this aspect, you would need the Ai Models in your inventory, but not the flight plans. The server and/or Client software would carry the load for those aircraft. This could even be run from a second computer to free up frame rates a bit.

I would love to see a service like this for us dedicated MilSim guys. Maybe there is one already that I am not aware of. Maybe this could be the next big step for the Future of the MAIW Co-Op? With the availability of TacPack for both FSX and Prepar3d, the FS franchise finally has become a combat sim, and all the Military Ai that this group focuses on, could have a proper sandbox to play in. High hopes for the future! -Woog