KC135 Download

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

KC135 Download

Post by flynby »

Was there ever a AI KC135 Tanker that allows you to refuel in flight? If so, which one do I download?
Thanks.
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: MSFS

Re: KC135 Download

Post by Woogey »

Yes, it is made by Razbam, and is available from multiple sources, none of which I can recall at the moment. Sorry, -Woog
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

There is a KC-135T that is low poly enough for AI use as a tanker and most commonly used for AAR in FSX until recently. The below links will get you started, but the KC-135T can be searched for on Avsim/Flightsim as well. You can flightplan the tanker, but there are other means. The 2nd link provides you with universal refueling gauge that allows you to tank from any AI after you simply install the gauge to your user aircraft. There are several FSX missions that work too.

http://www.fsxcarrierops.com/aircraft.htm

http://www.fsxcarrierops.com/misc.htm
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
aerogator

Post by aerogator »

Not to hijack this thread, but was there ever a C-135 released? I was thinking Mike started with that one but maybe I missed it.
Thanks, :)
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Victory 103,
Thank you all for the reply's. I downloaded the KC-135T. I was just about to give converting from flyable to AI a try when I noticed there was no refueling boom animation. I have only tried this once and it has been years ago.
Any suggestions? he he
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I may be missing the point of the question... but there's a version of the MAIW native MGAI KC-135 that flies with the boom deployed at certain altitudes.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

clickclickdoh
Victory103 sent me the link to the KC135T flyable. The animation is perfect. Within the aircraft.cfg is a AI model also. As stated in the readme file, no animation. I made a flightplan last night. The AI took off perfectly. Flew good. But coming several miles (20-30) of the runway, it flew thru a mountain. When it touched down on the runway, it stopped like a F-14 lands on a carrier. This was made for FS2002/2004. It would be nice to see a new updated one.
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by flynby »

Just Curious:
1) Using the AI model: In FS2004, I have seen animated hanger doors open and shut using something
called a CAT. It works off the flyable aircraft radio assigned comm 1 or 2. Could this CAT work for
extending/retracting the refueling boom?
2) I made a flight plan for the AI. It took off and flew perfect. But it flew thru a mountain about 20-30
miles from the runway. Upon touchdown, it reminded me of a F-14 landing on a carrier. Not that drastic.
Just trying to give example.

Can I do something to correct these 2 problems? Tried to contact original developer but got a return email
Attachments
AI K135T Problems.jpg
AI K135T Problems.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 548 times
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

flynby wrote:clickclickdoh
Victory103 sent me the link to the KC135T flyable. The animation is perfect. Within the aircraft.cfg is a AI model also. As stated in the readme file, no animation. I made a flightplan last night. The AI took off perfectly. Flew good. But coming several miles (20-30) of the runway, it flew thru a mountain. When it touched down on the runway, it stopped like a F-14 lands on a carrier. This was made for FS2002/2004. It would be nice to see a new updated one.
Not the flyable KC-135T, the MGAI KC-135R that is part of several of the MAIW packs. One of the models in the pack flies with the boom deployed between FL200 and FL240 when in level flight. It's AI native and has excellent flight characteristics
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I'll get you a better link for a AI version of the KC-135T most use from the VRS forums. Since this model was updated for AI use, a few other AI tankers have been included with payware aircraft like the MILVIZ F-15E or Razbam EA-6/Harrier II (cool KC-130J). I do all my tanking using either VRS Tacpack or free vLSO program since 90% of my flying is around the carrier. I forgot to mentined the MGAI model as I do have that set up as well with Tacpack (TP) as it was made for MP, all xml animations cut out. For non-TP models I have to use the refueling gauge listed with an spawned tanker.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/ ... ue-tanker/
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Somewhere back in time I remember having a South African AF 135. And I believe it was for FS9. I don't remember if the boom was animated but I know it was deployed in flight.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present