Morning at RAF Leuchars...

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
Savage
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Morning at RAF Leuchars...

Post by Savage »

On arrival to Leuchars the weather was abysmal, however, I'd made all the effort to drive to the airfield to watch the aircraft on the cross runway since the main one is closed until September, so I gave it an hour or so.

The day started slowly with just one F3 taking off for about 20 minutes...

But then I got a big surprise, when I heard Phaserx2, Triplex and Reelax callup, they must be here for an exercise, I'll have to come back another day, they came in as two pairs on radar...

After the Typhoons the F3s suddenly woke up with numerous departures, however quite a few of these were heading to Leeuwarden in Holland so wouldn't return before I left...

After that, the airwaves were quiet bar a Nimrod above the cloud heading for Northumberland, however, just as I was packing up to leave a pair of 56 Squadrons machines that had left earlier returned from a low level sortie...

Hope you enjoyed that little 'story'. :wink:
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Brilliant screenies, the overcast gave them a very atmospheric and typically British look to them. I fly in the UK with FS9 visibility set to 19Km. Makes it look much more realistic.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Psuls
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by Psuls »

Great pics :shock:
Pascal
Paul
Captain
Captain

Post by Paul »

Superb pic's. Some of the best I've seen. Keep up the great work & stories.

Paul
e.daalder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by e.daalder »

Very nice pics.
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Sav,

That one of the 56 bird landing, (second one up) that you've blurred, would be a great screenshot for the competition. One thing Ive learnt for blurring images though is to cut the model out with the magnetic lassoo and paste it onto a seprate layer, and then motion blur the background. This way you dont get the bleed of the blur around the aircraft. then I think we'd have a winner.

Nick
Last edited by nickblack423 on 08 Jun 2007, 11:20, edited 2 times in total.
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

Ah I see you read my mind while I was asleep and hadnt even seen the screenshots. Thats clever stuff mate, youve got a gift you know.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"