USCG C-27J - Elizabeth City

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

USCG C-27J - Elizabeth City

Post by Joecoastie »

Here are paints and AI flight plans for two of the three C-27J's that have been delivered to CGAS Elizabeth City.
The white paint is a 'best guess' as to the final paint. The one in AF gray is from photos.
You will have to add two parking spots to the E City air station ramp coded 'C27J' so they'll have a place to park.

Right now they just fly locally on test flights as they are not operational as of yet.
Add the texture files to your C-27J folder, add the [fltsim.X] config entries, renumbering, and put the flight plans wherever you keep them ! (there is on flight plan for FS9 and one for FSX)

Joe
Last edited by Greg on 30 Oct 2015, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment removed
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: USCG C-27J - Elizabeth City

Post by Greg »

Paints and flightplans are now available in our Download Hangar. Thanks Joe for the upload!

Go here.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the nice little package. Just a small error in the aircraft cfg file (the FS9 version) the line prop_anim_ratio=-0.12 is missing.
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Joseph29, thanks for the heads up. I used the .cfg from the "MAIW_MKAI_C-27J_SBANG" folder. I just looked and it doesn't have that line either. I'll add it and see if I can upload a v1.1.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Now I am a bit confused about the prop_anim_ratio= line. I checked my cfg file again and all of them have =-0.12 except for the Greece entries, they have prop_anim_ratio=0.2. I downloaded the base model again and the prop_anim_ratio= has both 2.10 and 0.2.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

It's a user preference thing. Play with the value and see which one you think looks best.

There's no 'right' value.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Do we have any decent scenery for Elizabeth City??
-Mike G.

Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

I uploaded one to Avsim years ago for FS9. What I'm using now is one for FSX from either Avsim or Flightsim.
I've heavily modified the AFCAD and objects to work with the MAIW pkg and have added the H-144 and C-27 to the flight plans.
Also made a separate helo AFCAD for the Jayhawks. I can't upload it as it's someone elses original work.
There's still a few tweaks I want to do to it (providing I don't get sidetracked :-). I maybe could zip it and send it individually.
Would that be legal ?
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Joecoastie wrote:I uploaded one to Avsim years ago for FS9. What I'm using now is one for FSX from either Avsim or Flightsim.
I've heavily modified the AFCAD and objects to work with the MAIW pkg and have added the H-144 and C-27 to the flight plans.
Also made a separate helo AFCAD for the Jayhawks. I can't upload it as it's someone elses original work.
There's still a few tweaks I want to do to it (providing I don't get sidetracked :-). I maybe could zip it and send it individually.
Would that be legal ?
Was the original AFD the one from the MAIW package, that you edited and converted to FSX or was it someone else's? If it was MAIW's then you could upload it here at MAIW with just a credit given to the original MAIW author. But you must also state you have made modifications yourself.
Mark
Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

The AFD I use is one that I made quite some time before the MAIW E City package came out. Probably carried forward from FS5 or 6. When the MAIW package was published I modified my scenery and AFD with the parking assignments from MAIW.
This was for FS9. When I moved to FSX I carried it all forward. Sometime later I downloaded an Elizabeth City FSX scenery and used parts of it with mine. I deleted objects and added some. Over time since then I have modified it many times, adding for the MH-65, the HC-144, deleting the HU-25s, then adding the MH-60J, and lately the C-27J.
In short it is a combination of all three and heavily modified. I don't think it should be uploaded. Also, I have a few more additions and tweaks in mind.
(It may be obvious that E City is my 'home base': that's because of the great tours of duty I did there.)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Joe if you have pics of the USCG hangars, we can make some custom scenery for the base. Combine a few custom elements with the library objects and you'd have a nice little package going.

I can make anything you need or want. Scenery is a lot less demanding than airplanes!
-Mike G.

Joecoastie
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

I'll see what I have in the way of pix. If I can't find anything useful I can hop in the car and drive down and take some.
One of the perks of being retired. Altho' all the people I knew have long since gone. Still no problem to go on base !