French Paris Air Show at "le Bourget" Airport (LFPB)

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Drag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

French Paris Air Show at "le Bourget" Airport (LFPB)

Post by Drag »

Hello everybody,

I just want to ask something: Is someone motivated to create a Paris airport air show at le Bourget airport, including flightplan and a scenery?? The objective is to create a scenery as cloth from the reality as we can.

I have already triedto realise one flightplan and a scenery but it is not really successfull...I join the flightplan file for those who wants to help me to realise this project.

The flight program would be the one of this year, 2015, from 15 July to 21 July, or the program of 2013

However, I know that all aircraft are not available as AI traffic in FSX or even in FS2004, then it would be necessary to modify a little the flight program.

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=h ... 8QrQMIKTAE

Bonjour tout le monde,

J'ai commencé il y a quelques mois maintenant un projet de réprésentation du meeting aérien du salon du bourget pour FSX de préférence, mais ca n'a pas aboutit à grand chose et je cherche surtout quelqu'un qui serait motivé pour faire la scène du Bourget pendant le salon.

Je serait prêt à retravailler le fichier flightplan si quelqu'un accepte de s'occuper du fichier AFCAD du bourget :)
L'idéal serait de pouvoir faire un petit package :lol:

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses :)
Attachments
Salon du Bourget.zip
Trial
(1.75 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: French Paris Air Show at "le Bourget" Airport (LFPB)

Post by leuen »

I did a Paris Air Show, but the one of 1961 for FS9. There are forty-six static AI historically placed as accurate as possible. For this purpose I created forty-six Afcad (just a parking spot and a runway of 50 ft). As Drag says, the greatest problem is to find all the planes. But I think it should be quite easier for 2013 or 2015 than for 1961.

Here some shots:

Maybe Drag already saw them at Pilote-Virtuel.com

Bernard
Drag
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

Woahh nice job, I'm not registered at Pilote-Virtuel.com so I did'nt saw this but it seem's you've done an excellent job ;)
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Could we have any chance that you share your files (afcad etc) here ?
leuen
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

@Drag: Effectively, let AI flying just patterns as normally isn't very exciting for an air show. In spite to have an air show like MAIW 6th anniversary, you could at least let them doing flypasts resp. TNG's. Therefore I would suggest to add a further Afcad with just an invisible runway of 50 ft width at about 500 ft away from the end of the main runway. This way you get a small feeling of demo flights. Unfortunately MS doesn't allow to create flypasts without extending landing gear.

@TheFoufure: Theoretically it wouldn't be a problem to share my files. But all the planes are "flyable" models. No one is an AI. So for obvious reasons these aren't shareable. Furthermore I lost my entire FS9 last August and should first found all the forty-six aircraft involved. I also could'nt retrieve the forty-six Afcad. These could be redone easily after having determinate where the planes were positioned. Feasible of course but it would take time. At least I could save the traffic file.

Bernard
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Not the aircraft. We could individually search on the net after them, but the afcad and traffic files ? (when you retrieve them of course ;-) )
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

MS FS9 does allow flybys. Watch my 1st and 6th MAIW Anniversary AI Airshow packages and you will see them flown. However, the procedure by which to accomplish this is somewhat complicated and too difficult to explain to post here.

You do not need 46 AFCADs to have static display aircraft positioned where you want them for an airshow. Just place unconnected parking spots of the same size wherever you want your static display aircraft to park and then adjust the radius of all these static display aircraft to the exact same size as these parking spots. Now add unique, matching parking codes to each parking spot and the static display aircraft that you want to park on it. Finally flight plan all the static display aircraft to fly one VFR circuit in the middle of the night. These aircraft should now be present on the desired parking spot during the day and disappear briefly in the middle of the night.
    Mike M.
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

mikewmac wrote:MS FS9 does allow flybys. Watch my 1st and 6th MAIW Anniversary AI Airshow packages and you will see them flown. However, the procedure by which to accomplish this is somewhat complicated and too difficult to explain to post here.

OK, I replace "doesn't allow" by "it could be possible but". The result remains the same: no flybys. For the rest I will try. I'm not sure that parking codes will be respected. In some cases it works, in other not.

Bernard
    tango234
    MAIW Conversion Team
    MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

If you make sure the parking codes in the disconnected spots are unique it should work - I did that on a Duxford scenery for fsx years ago. Failing that, you could have a single overlaid afcad with all the unconnected spots in it. As with most things fs-related it might take some trial and error [emoji14].
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

I think that's what I did first. It's the easier way. So I will a try a unique Afcad again, after I had found all forty-six needed aircraft again!

Bernard
    tango234
    MAIW Conversion Team
    MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Well good luck!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Drag
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

leuen wrote:I think that's what I did first. It's the easier way. So I will a try a unique Afcad again, after I had found all forty-six needed aircraft again!

Bernard
    Hi leuen,

Which aircraft do you need? I may help you to find them or the package there are going with ^^
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

Thanks for your help. It's simple: I need all aircraft displayed at the show! Actually I found about fifty-six of them. Maybe one of the users here might still have the Super Frelon of French Marine available at Avsim before its crash some years ago. That's the only one having no radar nose and therefore suitable be used as a former Frelon.

Of course the aircraft I found haven't always the exact repaints displayed in 1961. Next step will be positioning them based on different publications. Meanwhile I got the official catalogue of the show, but it isn't of a great help for this parituclar purpose.
    It doesn't contain a detailed plan as we are used to have f.i. for car exhibitions.

Afterwards I will try to do some TNG demo flights with the planes involved then. This will be a separate traffic anyway.

Bernard
    paspou
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by paspou »

Hello ,
    For the Super Frelon , take a look at this page

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... ategoryId=
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

Thanks paspou. With the help of users at the French Virtuel-Pilote.com I finally found a Super Frelon at FlightSim (gasa321.zip) including a version without radar nose.

Bernard
    asizi
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant

Post by asizi »

Hi. But the Frelon is really hard to handle but looks good. 8)

Arne
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

asizi wrote:Hi. But the Frelon is really hard to handle but looks good.
    Might be, but it will be used as static AI only. So I'm not concerned ...

Bernard
    TheFoufure
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by TheFoufure »

You can also convert it in a Object MDL, including it in a BGL file, with SAMM software ( http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=SAMM&JS=TRUE )
    John Young
    MAIW Developer
    MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

You could, but you can't include it in an uploaded .bgl without the author's permission. It's also a flyable aircraft and presumably won't come with any LODs so it's going to contribute to a possible performance hit, particularly if the same thing is being done with other static aircraft.

John Y.
    leuen
    Second Lieutenant
    Second Lieutenant

Post by leuen »

Besides what John said, FS2002 based models often aren't convertable resp. their mdl's can't be red. And retro aircraft are mostly older creations. But I agree with The Foufure, that static objects could be placed easier where they should be. And they stay there!

I feared that using one Afcad for the sixty AI won't be satisfying. Even by adding a separate code to each parking and each aircraft, most of them don't respect the parkings assigned. That already was the reason to create an Afcad for each AI.

BTW, it never has been planned to upload this air show. It would be a colossal work to ask sixty authors for permissons!

Bernard