Mike Cronin

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
SeanG
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Mike Cronin

Post by SeanG »

Does anyone have a current or recent contact for Mike?
I need his approval to release his CT4's as part of a package I'm putting together.

I've sent emails to the 2 addresses I had, plus tried to contact him via facebook, all have come up blank....

Any help would be appreciated!

SeanG
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Re: Mike Cronin

Post by maiden757 »

You should be ok to release a package of them without his permission as long as you credit him with use of base textures/PK etc and as a common courtesy say a big thank you in your read me! I mailed him a while back to ask permission for summat and he was more than happy for me to use his models. If in doubt, include the textures only and no model files. Hope this helps. Ross

http://rossrepaints.jimdo.com/
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Thanks for that. I'd really like to release his model as part of the package, rather than just the textures....
I may have tracked him down, and will have to send a letter (old school huh!) to get in touch :)

SeanG
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Good news! No, Not the Dacia Sandero..... (sorry for the Top Gear gag,...)

I heard from Mike Cronin, and not only has he given me permission to use his model... He has given me his GMAX Source files! Sadly, I'm not an aircraft modeller... I can do buildings.. but aircraft are beyond my current skill set!

So... I will be looking for someone to make some mods to the model for me.. any takers?

SeanG
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi Sean,
Try asking Mike Pearson who has done mods to other modelers source files with their approval. He may be happy to help, worth contacting him anyway.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FSX

Post by Garysb »

John Young is your Gmax man here

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Sean - are the Gmax source files in a finished state - is all the animation working, are all the textures mapped and are all the LODs done? When you say "source files" does that imply more than one model. If so, how many variations are there?

What mods are you after?

I'll gladly help, but I just want to size the task before I commit.

PM me if you prefer.

John
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Hi John,
The model was a "complete" AI aircraft, with LOD's, basic animation and mapping done. What I am after is relatively simple....
The model is the later "e" model, and I want to backdate it to the "b" model which really only involves swapping out the 3 blade prop for a 2 blade unit... that bit I can handle...
What I would *love* to add is some additional bits like chocks, animated pilots and maybe a working canopy.. that bit is way beyond my current skill set.
If you want to have a look at it, pm me and I can send through what I have for you to have a peek at.

In terms of the aircraft itself, there are only really 2 major versions, the early "a" and "b" models, with 2 blade prop, and the later "e" model with slightly changed cowl shape and a 3 blade prop.

CT4a/b
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

CT4/e
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... b9301c11e5

There is one other "variation" which is the Airtourer, only 4 ever used as military aircraft, but lots as GA trainers...
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... humbnails=
These had smaller engines, full length flaperons (on some models) and a sliding canopy....

Cute wee aeroplane... which I learned to fly in a long, long time ago ;-)

Sean
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I can do those bits for you Sean, but alternatively if you want, I could help you improve your skill set and show you how to do them yourself. They are not difficult. I'll PM my e-mail address in any case, so you can send me the Gmax files and textures if you want me to do them.

When do you think you will be ready to release the package?

John
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

I had a tinker with the model tonight, changed the prop and re-mapped the pilot.. oh and added a "dual" version. Basic stuff but made a difference to the look of the model!

Quite pleased with the result ;-)
SeanG
Captain
Captain

Post by SeanG »

Ok... in for a penny... as the saying goes...
Does anyone have a link to a simple pilot model (the one in the airtrainer is pretty horrid), and then can someone point me at the mystical art of XML triggers? I am looking at chocks and pilots who disappear when the plane is at sleep.... Nothing too complex (I hope!)

SeanG
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

You e-mailed me on both the above points Sean and I have sent you a tutorial and some advice about pilots.

John
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by maiden757 »

If you're gonna do a new pilot can I request one without the helmet on for Airtourer repaints ;-)