North Island NAS Hawks

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
Corvette99
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: P3D

North Island NAS Hawks

Post by Corvette99 »

Anybody working on SeaHawks for North Island now that Norfolk is done ? We need some west coast helo action !
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: North Island NAS Hawks

Post by clickclickdoh »

I'll do them as long as you don't want any CAG paints. :lol:

Just kidding... maybe.

The only Seahawks I have in the chain right now are the ones at Guam. I was waiting on the two new models that came out with Norfolk to release them.

Protip: The paint kit for the new armed and wing models that were released with Norfolk is backwards compatible with the original model so all the variants can be produced with one paint if you use the newest kit. That should help out if someone else wants to take this up.

Otherwise, I'm currently working on something I know MAIW hasn't touched on before and hadn't planned on North Island in the near future.
Makadocias
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Makadocias »

C2 greyhound? :lol:
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Having had extensive conversations with the legendary 'Tranquil', I thought I'd have a go at making my own repaints to get North Island a bit busier....im a complete novice with no experience so I wouldn't say I have the confidence to release them as such but I am working my way through all the squadrons...once im done im happy to send the lot to whoever wants them (Assuming a better painter isnt already doing them?)
There doesn't appear to be an up-to-date database for the seahawks so ive been using the heli database and cross referencing it with flickr pics so they are as up to date as i can make it - though im sure some die hard spotters would notice a few errors.
Anyway some pics...

volador
Captain
Captain

Post by volador »

Hi Ricky. The Hawks looks great!. The scenery is from the legendary John Stinstrom?
Miguel
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Looking very good
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I approve your message.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ws.jones27
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ws.jones27 »

Excellent job Ricki,is there any chance you might release these as a complete package in the near future.
BJ
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Superb work! I am curious to know how hard would it be to map the "Scorpions" textures to an MH-60R model.
We had a detachment of 2 of their aircraft on my last ship years back. They were a great bunch of guys and ladies flying our support.
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

Cool Skipper livery
Attachments
HSM49Capture.PNG
HSM49Capture.PNG
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Thanks for the feedback!
volador wrote:The scenery is from the legendary John Stinstrom?
Indeed it is. It's a great representation of North Island!
ws.jones27 wrote:,is there any chance you might release these as a complete package in the near future.
Well I posted to see how well they would be received...I've just been painting for myself, not thinking I was good enough for public painting! However, if these are ok then I will look into getting them packed up. I've got an updated AFCAD and flightplans for them all too.
flyerkg wrote:I am curious to know how hard would it be to map the "Scorpions" textures to an MH-60R model.
Is there any reason you would want that? Are they going to transition to the R Model? It would be easy enough!

Here are some pics of the CAG's done so far. Again, any feedback would be great - im on a steep learning curve!

Thanks!

Rick
Tranquil
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by Tranquil »

Excellent work Rick! they all look fantastic!!

Much thanks

Mark
Image Image
The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. The spice is vital to space travel.
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

+1
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
flyerkg
Major
Major

Post by flyerkg »

ricki429 wrote:Thanks for the feedback!
volador wrote:The scenery is from the legendary John Stinstrom?
Indeed it is. It's a great representation of North Island!
ws.jones27 wrote:,is there any chance you might release these as a complete package in the near future.
Well I posted to see how well they would be received...I've just been painting for myself, not thinking I was good enough for public painting! However, if these are ok then I will look into getting them packed up. I've got an updated AFCAD and flightplans for them all too.
flyerkg wrote:I am curious to know how hard would it be to map the "Scorpions" textures to an MH-60R model.
Is there any reason you would want that? Are they going to transition to the R Model? It would be easy enough!

Here are some pics of the CAG's done so far. Again, any feedback would be great - im on a steep learning curve!

Thanks!

Rick
Rick, Your work is terrific and I thank you for the response. The answer to your question - "Are they going to transition to the R Model?" is Yes, see my photos above - When HSL-49 sundowned the SH-60B in May 2015, the squadron was re-established as HSM-49 with Romeo models.

Keith
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Keith, thank you so much for that! This is exactly why I wanted other peoples views as I knew there would be things like that I missed! I did HSC-49 on a R model texture file but didn't change the model. Will adjust that now!
ricki429
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ricki429 »

Ah yes - I see why I did that now! The R model doesnt really help the CAG paints! If only there was a stripped back R model...