Squadron strength?

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
flyPWM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Squadron strength?

Post by flyPWM »

Is there a website(s) that has the amount of aircraft and type that a certain squadron has assigned to it? I've done searches without much help. I'm interested in USAF, AFRES & ANG. Thanks in advance. DougD
Pilot james
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Pilot james »

Depends if you want pictures or ...
J.Lawson
flyPWM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyPWM »

No pictures just numbers. :)
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by StingingCanine »

There is not a "clearinghouse" site that I know of that gives individual squadron numbers. The total number of an aircraft type is is not hard to find. I think the yearly Air Force Almanac has those numbers buried in it some where.

I usually work backwards from that number when I'm doing flight plans and need a total allocated squadron number. I also keep notes on the side when I find the total squadron number mentioned in a magazine article. I also will note the serial number and/or callsign if it is connected to a specific squadron.

Do you need info for a specific squadron? The fellas here might have some personal knowledge of the squadron you are looking for.
flyPWM
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by flyPWM »

Thanks for your response. I'm not looking for any particular squadron at this time. Do you know if there is a standard or average strength depending on role and type of aircraft?
dexia05
Cadet
Cadet

Post by dexia05 »

Lots of information like that are available on the net.. You can to visit it at google.com