api files and ade9x

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

api files and ade9x

Post by VulcanDriver »

Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: api files and ade9x

Post by TheFoufure »

VulcanDriver wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 23:15 Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA

I think it's not directly possible. But I've find a solution and I use it since some times.

I convert API file with "ModelConverterX" to MDL format and add them to a new LibraryBGL file with "Library Creator XML". And after that I add normaly my new BGL Library in ADE.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks for the info. I'll try that 👍
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

TheFoufure wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 02:52
VulcanDriver wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 23:15 Can ADE9X import api files? I have found lots of api libraries that I could use.

TIA

I think it's not directly possible. But I've find a solution and I use it since some times.

I convert API file with "ModelConverterX" to MDL format and add them to a new LibraryBGL file with "Library Creator XML". And after that I add normaly my new BGL Library in ADE.
Worked a treat Thanks.
John

TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

You are welcom.

With this method we can use some old API files.