184th ARW's Last TDY.......

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
Bone184

184th ARW's Last TDY.......

Post by Bone184 »

The 184th ARW of the Kansas Air National Guard left to go to Florida this past week for it's last TDY in the KC-135R. Upon arrival back at McConnell AFB the aircraft will be turned over to the 190th ARG also of the Kansas Air National Guard, located at Forbes Field. The 184th will be turning in its wings for an Intel Mission, and ending 66 years of flying.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

Kansas has been a major contributor to US Airpower. Forbes has had many aircraft types and missions. I presume your Callsign is from B-one and that airplane served well out of Kansas. As both a flyer and an Intelligence Officer I have seen the importance of both missions. At this time in our Nation's History, intelligence is a much needed asset and I know the KANG and Reserves will deliver the best possible.
GZR_SACTARGETS
Bone184

Post by Bone184 »

GZR_Sactargets wrote:Kansas has been a major contributor to US Airpower. Forbes has had many aircraft types and missions. I presume your Callsign is from B-one and that airplane served well out of Kansas. As both a flyer and an Intelligence Officer I have seen the importance of both missions. At this time in our Nation's History, intelligence is a much needed asset and I know the KANG and Reserves will deliver the best possible.
I'm just glad the 184th got to stay as a unit, the original BRAC proposal was to close the 184th all together.That's exactly where my callsign came from, most don't know that.