landing light ground effect

Discussion, tutorials,hints and tips relating to designing military ai aircraft.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

landing light ground effect

Post by VulcanDriver »

How do I add the light cone onto the ground in front of an AI aircraft. I have an animated landing light on the model.

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: landing light ground effect

Post by John Young »

For FS9 John, create a small triangular plane and call it "light_land". Clone that and call it "light_land_01"

Position both planes over the top of each other where the light source is.

Link "light_land_01" to "light_land".

That will give you the light beam. If you need a left and right do the same again and increment the numbers (02 and 03).

Now create another small plane called "c_gear light" and link "light_land" to it.

That will switch the landing lights off when the gear retracts. You can omit this of course, but I think the lights stay on up to 10,000ft.

Let me know if you need the process for FSX. "c-gear light" doesn't work, but you can do it another way.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: landing light ground effect

Post by VulcanDriver »

Thanks John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy