Carrier based variants

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Carrier based variants

Post by ttocs »

I was wondering if there are any other carrier based variants like the F-35C, Hawkeye, and Greyhound. I didn't find any F-18s, Goshawks or Seahawks which can be carrier based. I was able to create a carrier like the one from the F-35c package, in the Hawaiian Islands using ADE. I would like create traffic files with other carrier based variants if they are available.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Carrier based variants

Post by John Young »

As you say, my F-35C, Hawkeye and Greyhound have carrier-based variants. You can also use any of my helicopters, including the S-60. It has an animated lift in the model and operates from a very short runway - about 300ft.

John
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

There wasa project of F-18E/F/G with folding wings for carrier operations.

Some here have the sources files and must adapt them and compile them (for FS9 in first time). But a new FDE is also necessary. I'm patient and wait for it. I keep hope ;-)
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ttocs »

I mentioned the Seahawks because the carrier based helicopter has the folding tail section and main rotor blades. In the Blackhawk family download, there is the Seahawk. I noticed that the Seahawk lacks folding tail and main rotor. Is it possible to have that animation? Or, would that run into the same problem in the FS9 MV-22 Osprey converted to FSX
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes it's possible, but like all design tasks there is a time element - about 20 hours I would think for all the LODs in the FS9 and FSX/P3D versions, including new documentation, packaging and uploading. That's not something I want to do I'm afraid for a limited demand.

John
ttocs
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ttocs »

Thanks for the feedback. I remain hopeful for future carrier based variants.
jetpilot1980
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Would be cool to see a similar package to the carr2006.zip package on flightsim.com resurrected into FSX / P3Dv4 which had carriers in various global locations with F-14s, A-6s, S-3s and Sh-3s flying off of them. Also there is a smaller scale Royal Navy version on Avsim.com royal_navy_ai_traffic_package.zip with F-4s and A-6s in Mayport FL and the English Channel... While I have the SWS CEX payware package as well as the RFN ship AI and a few other ship AI packages these are all boats, the aircraft are just static...