Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post by TimC340 »

Hi all,

you're no doubt aware that John is doing the KC-390 and that the first examples are being flown by the Brazilian Air Force. He asked me to look at the airfields that the aircraft is and will be based at, and we are initially targeting SBAN Anapolis. To create the full picture of the airfield, John is also taking on the EMB-146-based E-11/R-11 AEW&C aircraft. I'm here to ask for help for the other aircraft based at the airfield.

F-5EM/FM. We have the JAI version of the aircraft, repainted some years ago by Ray Parker. The single-seaters are in something like the current scheme, but the two-seaters are in a sand scheme that I don't think is current any more. I'm wondering if the later JBAI/MPAI version may be more appropriate, but that uses a different paintkit (which I can't find). The F-5s will be in service until 2029, so they are worth including.

Saab J-39 Gripen. The BAF has its initial batch of JAS-39 E/F in service. We have Weescotty's earlier versions of the Gripen in the Hangar for FS9, but no Brazil paints. The E/F version is subtly different, but not so much that a repaint would be unsuitable. An FSX/P3D conversion with Brazil paints would be nice!

Cessna C-98 Caravan. There is an MAIW P3D conversion of the HTAI Caravan available, but no Brazil paints.

Potential visitors:, the AMX and Super Tucano are likely visitors. We have a single Super Tucano in Brazilian colours - it would be great to have more. There are no AMX in Brazil colours as far as I can tell. Among other aircraft, we have the C-130 (both JYAI and HTAI) painted up, and the P-3 - although that paint is showing its age and FS9 origins. The VIP A319 is available, and some, but not all, of the helicopters.

So, any help you could offer would be great - Brazil is a very interesting subject, and in the airfield pack I will include basic AFCADs for several other military airfields in the country, updated to show current configurations.

Progress at SBAN:

bvanhout
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Post by bvanhout »

Hi Tim,

Tranquil Treatment painted the Gripen in Brazilian colours (first 5 aircraft). I am not sure if they were released publically, but if you contact Mark I am sure he will let you have them.

Brian
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

great work, I will re-do the F-5's on the JMAI model as I have the paint kit, also the P-3 Orions will get a fresh makeover.
when i'm done if none of the other aircraft are finished I will do those as well, I'm retired now so I need to get back in things :D
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

I can do the Caravans if you need them.
"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy."
AIG Beta Tester, General Aviation painter
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Fantastic! Thanks guys. I’ll point John at this thread - he’s been looking at what aircraft might be needed and he may have a comment or two.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just to say thank you for this terrific response. The KC-390 is looking so good in the sims, having spent hours researching, mapping and painting. Still a bit more to do yet, but as soon as I can share a shot or two of the aircraft in Tim's scenery, I'll do that.

The Brazil AFCADs that Tim has put together are in attractive parts of the country and it will be great to have them populated with representative AI in both FSX and P3D. It fills quite a big gap I think.

John
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

the master textures for the F-5's are done, does any body have access to scramble who could help with serial numbers,
when i search it only gives 30 out of 66 ? :roll:
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Ray, I have a Scamble subscription - see attached (zipped Excel file).

Henk.
Attachments
Brazil F-5E serials.zip
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ray, I think there are around 40 left in service now. But great news that they're close!
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

@hschuit would you happen to have ther serial numbers for the Caravans? I've got one more Learjet to paint and will then start on them. Thanks in advance.
hschuit
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by hschuit »

Jon, see attachment for the C-98 Caravan list.

Henk.
Attachments
Brazil C-98 Caravan serials.zip
(10.45 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

thank you Henk

it shows 31 active F-5EM's and according to scramble 4 F-5FM's now i can serial them and start the P-3's
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Thank you for the list!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

TimC340 wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 11:49 Hi all,

F-5EM/FM. We have the JAI version of the aircraft, repainted some years ago by Ray Parker. The single-seaters are in something like the current scheme, but the two-seaters are in a sand scheme that I don't think is current any more. I'm wondering if the later JBAI/MPAI version may be more appropriate, but that uses a different paintkit (which I can't find). The F-5s will be in service until 2029, so they are worth including.

small problem, I've just finished the F-5's using the JMAI models for FSX and they don't work in P3Dv4 ? were these ever converted ?
if not then that was a waste of time. P-3AM's are done too.
Jon
Major
Major

Post by Jon »

Caravan 98 (208) Caravans are completed. Files sent to upload hanger, and avaialbe at the below link. I'll start the 98A fleet next.

https://kyles-ai-works.com/wp-content/u ... jondix.zip
Attachments
2701.png
2707.png
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

f4nutter wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 13:56
TimC340 wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 11:49 Hi all,

small problem, I've just finished the F-5's using the JMAI models for FSX and they don't work in P3Dv4 ? were these ever converted ?

Let me have a look at this later today, Ray. I'm pretty sure they work for me, but I'll confirm and get back to you. The conversion from FSX to P3D should be fairly straightforward, if it's needed.
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Ongoing WIP at SBAN:

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

f4nutter wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 13:56 small problem, I've just finished the F-5's using the JMAI models for FSX and they don't work in P3Dv4 ? were these ever converted ?
Hi Ray

I think they were converted to P3Dv4 when Matrix was a thing. I'm not sure they're available on the Hangar, but they're certainly out there. If you want the models, give me a shout. They work fine in P3Dv5. If Martin's reading this, perhaps he can tell us if they may be uploaded to the Hangar?

TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Jon wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 00:01 Caravan 98 (208) Caravans are completed. Files sent to upload hanger, and avaialbe at the below link. I'll start the 98A fleet next.

https://kyles-ai-works.com/wp-content/u ... jondix.zip
Excellent! I'll look at some flightplans once scenery work allows me some time.
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by f4nutter »

hi Tim all sorted now thank you, are we releasing these as stand alone or with your scenery and John's model release in a package ?