Milviz Beale AFB scenery help

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Milviz Beale AFB scenery help

Post by Joseph29 »

I had Milviz's Beale AFB installed for a while now and it was working fine (with the Orbx base pack installed). Now I just installed the Orbx Northern California pack and Beale has extra stuff from the Orbx pack I don't want (default buildings, double control towers, static planes). Can someone help me get rid of the stuff Orbx has put at Beale?
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Milviz Beale AFB scenery help

Post by TimC340 »

You have to go into the Orbx directory and remove anything to do with KBAB. I have a 'removed' folder in every Orbx area to deconflict airfields that I have a better version of.

In P3Dv5 you may well find that default buildings will display on airfields that LM have updated since v4. The best way to deal with that is to open the airfield into ADE and 'load stock data' in the Tools menu. You can then delete the stock buildings and anything else you don't want to show (taxi signs, for example) and save the new ADEX/ADEP5 file. Substitute this for the Milviz file.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you. I got it fixed. There are three files in the Orbx Northern California pack that are associated with Beale. I had to disable two of them. The files I disabled are ADEX_FTX_NCA_KBAB_Beale_afb.bgl and FTX_NCA_objects_KBAB_PLC.bgl.
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

If there was a CVX file for KBAB, then maybe you should disable that one also.

Jorgen
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Jorgen wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 11:34 If there was a CVX file for KBAB, then maybe you should disable that one also.

Jorgen
There is a CVX file for Beale. But when I disabled it I had hills and holes all over the airport. You need to keep the CVX file for the airport to work right.
Jorgen
Captain
Captain

Post by Jorgen »

Absolutely, in this case!

Jorgen
TimC340
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by TimC340 »

Joseph29 wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 12:21
Jorgen wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 11:34 If there was a CVX file for KBAB, then maybe you should disable that one also.

Jorgen
There is a CVX file for Beale. But when I disabled it I had hills and holes all over the airport. You need to keep the CVX file for the airport to work right.
You may find that Miljan made the airfield to go on the stock FSX CVX file (or possibly the earlier FS9 version). The Orbx CVX file is usually a duplicate of the stock file, but it may be useful to create your own if the addon airfield boundaries don't coincide with the stock, or Orbx, CVX boundaries. If you're using P3Dv5, very often addons made for (and based on stock airfields from) FS9/FSX/P3Dv1-4 are in a different (and wrong) place. In v5, LM used much more accurate data to place airfields and determine their layout. It's not always right, but it's normally pretty close.

For example, many of the MAIW airfields are actually in the wrong place, and the layouts bear limited resemblance to what exists (or existed at the time of creation) in real life. I've rebuilt many of them since P3Dv5 came out...