Something strange happening in FS9...

Discuss anything here...nothing political or controversial please.
Duane
Cadet
Cadet

Something strange happening in FS9...

Post by Duane »

...A few weeks ago I installed the MAIW airshow package. I downloaded and installed the mobile control tower. After getting all of the times right I saved this as my default flight. Ever since then every flight that I generate from the ui interface gives me an electrical systems failure about 5 min in. I can check the aircraft failure menu before a flight and there's no indication that anything is out of the norm. Once I get flying the electrical sys goes out. I re-check the Failure menu and sure enough there's a red check in the box. I know that the Mobile control tower's instructions said something about an electrical failure if you don't start the engines. The problem started after I installed it. Has anyone seen this before? What about a rememdy? It's driving me nuts!
Duane
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The rememdy is most likely with the mobile control tower I'm afraid. You could always try deleting one model of the MCT at a time to see what happens. I just have the 1st and 2nd levels of the MCT installed and don't have any issues that I know of.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

I have all five levels installed. When I read the bit about the electrical problem, I took it to mean that you must do a CTRL+E to start the MCT engine, as it loads up normally not running, and is on battery only. After a while the battery goes flat, and there you are. Pressing CTRL+E as soon as you first open in the tower does not seem to produce any confirmation of an engine start, however, I've done hours of viewing without a problem. See if that helps!

Ron
Duane
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Duane »

Unfortunatley this problem is affecting all of my aircraft now. I only mentioned the mobile control tower only because of the correllation. Every flight that I start goes into electrical failure a few minutes in. I was wondering if this was something that any one might have come across. I'm gonna take the control tower out ofthe aircraft folder for a while to see if it makes any difference. I don't know what to do if that doesn't work.
Duane
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

You would probably do better to remove the default flight file?
Which way is up?
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

FlusiFix-2004 for FS9 will fix flat batteries.

FlusiFix to be found at:
www.flusifix.de or www.wolfgang-picheta.de
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
Duane
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Duane »

I've removed the control tower and I've tried deleting the flight plan too. Problem persists. Oh well, I'll keep tinkering until I come up with a solution. Thanks for all of your replies.
Duane
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

You know, FS9 allows you to set up various failures, either on a schedule, or to occur randomly. Did you unintentionally set a failure when you were messing around and saving the flight? This would seem to be a possibility.

Ron