Callsign help

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Callsign help

Post by awj112 »

This may have been addeessed someplace else but I haven't found it. For some reason, the HTAI F-16s are being referred to by "lockheed" as their callsign. I have checked edit voicepack and Nickel is a operating callsign. I have even been able to assign it to two user piloted F-16s. I have no idea why the AI aircraft won't accept it. I have this same problem with the callsign "redeye".

I have included one of the aircraft.cfg entries for the 555FS F-16s.

Code: Select all

[Fltsim.8]
title=HTAI F16C USAF_AV_555_16AF
sim=AI Lockheed F-16C
model=clean
panel=
sound=
texture=USAF_AV_555_16AF
atc_airline=NICKEL
atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT
atc_parking_codes=M001,F16
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=Lockheed Martin
ui_type=Lockheed F-16C
ui_variation=USAF - 555th FS, 31st FW, Aviano AB, Italy. 89-2016. 16th Air Force scheme description=Repaint by Graham King
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi there,

To make all these "fancy callsigns" work you need to do a couple of things;

1) Download and install Editvoicepack, which is a freeware utility available from here:

http://www.editvoicepack.com/

2) Editvoicepack requires that you have Microsoft's Netframework Ver. 1.1 installed. It's also free and available here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

3) Assuming that steps 1 and 2 have been done check inside each MAIW package. Inside the folder "Military AI Works", you will find a country folder and inside there one called "Voicepack Callsigns".

You need to use the Import function in Editvoicepack to activate these callsigns.

I know it sounds complicated, but if you follow the readme in Editvoicepack, you should have no problems.

Hope this helps - by the way there is nothing wrong with your aircraft cfg.

Cheers

Stew 8)
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

So even if the callsigns appear in editvoicepack (which I am familliar with by the way and it is on my system), you still need to import?

My other question is why does say my Nickel example work with an aircraft I am flying but not with AI aircraft if the aircraft config is right?
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

Since the callsign is correctly entered in the aircraft.cfg and it works with user aircraft, then that points to the incorrect flag being used in the flightplans.

AC#1,N60168,51%,24Hr,IFR,03:45:43,09:28:50,050,F,1782,CYYZ

In the above flightplan section the bold 'F' allows airline flight number and callsigns, your symptoms would suggest you have an 'R' instead which only allows a tail number to be used regardless of the aircraft.cfg entry.
Which way is up?
alexrfixit
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by alexrfixit »

Are you using MAIW flightplans? If not, are the flightplans you are using set to "F" or "R"? (The letter after the flightlevel entry) F should make ATC use the callsign and flight no., R will make it use the aircraft type and tail no. Hope this is some help. :smt023

You beat me to it Graham!
Where did I put my beer??!
awj112
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by awj112 »

I'm replacing aircraft from Justflight's military AI package. They have done something screwey with their flight plans. It looks like their flight plan editor does not allow for the "F" or "R" switch. I've started asking there. Thanks for the help.

I did figure out that in order for the traffice database to use changes to aircraft.cfg files for ai aircraft, you do have to recompile after making changes.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

awj112 wrote: I did figure out that in order for the traffice database to use changes to aircraft.cfg files for ai aircraft, you do have to recompile after making changes.
That is an interesting observation. Are you saying that, if you change the aircraft.cfg...you need to recompile your 3 txt files? Can anyone else chime in on this?
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

It all depends on what you change! If you change the title line in the aircraft.cfg then, yes, you need to recompile since you would need to alter the aircraft.txt file which is one of the three files used to construct the traffic file.

So, if your are replacing aircraft then you do need to recompile.
Which way is up?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

My thinking was something other than the title :)
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."