Yuma MCAS

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Yuma MCAS

Post by matias »

I will be spending this whole week at the Yuma airport working on a project. I will have my scanner with me and monitoring the clearances and callsigns that are used there by the harriers and the visiting fighters and what not. If anyone wants any info or wants me to look into anything let me know. If I could just find a good ai harrier I would work on this package for sure. As for now I will be collecting info.
matias
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by matias »

Ok well so far I have found out some very useful things about this Marine base.
1 Callsigns---WAKE, CAT, NIGHTMARE AV-8
2 THe F-5 aggressors the Snipers are very active. Performing almost every type of pattern and overhead pattern you will see.
3 The harriers and the F-5s file only VFR to the range(usually the very near adjacents restricted areas)
They fly about a one to one hour and 15 minute mission and the harriers usually role out their landings rather than VTOL, but I have seen a few VTOLs.
4 The controllers are so used to dealing with these guys that it is hard to decypher the quick radio communications.
5 This week I have only seen one transient which was a KC-130 from Miramar. oh yeah and an Antonov-124.
Hope this helps...more to follow..........
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

I have my own package for this, with an AFCAD that I need to bounce off one my my VA members who is stationed there. Don't forget the C-12's, and the UH-1N's.

I'm using K. Ito's AV-8 set up for AI, and although I have just about every VMA squadron texture, its not a true AI bird and I have FPS hits. No luck on a freeware Harrier as of yet.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
StingingCanine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by StingingCanine »

For callsigns, I would go with :

VMA-211 WAKE
VMA-214 BLACKSHEEP, RAM, SHEEP