Adding ILS Approaches?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Adding ILS Approaches?

Post by djnocturnal »

How do you add an ILS approach to an airport? I know how to do it with Afcad but it still doesn't show up if you are using gps. and atc will still call it a visual approach.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by GrahamS »

They require xml coding and compiling.
Which way is up?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

XML coding is quite complicated, but a week ago this tool was posted on AVSIM which should do most of the hard work for you. I haven't found time yet to try it myself, but it seems that the little program will write the final approach phase for you. Read the full readme for better understanding.

Hope this helps,

Greg
Last edited by Greg on 09 Nov 2007, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

My understanding is that little tool will only deal with straight approaches and does not handle any code for missed approaches/go-arounds.
Which way is up?
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

wow, didn't think there was going to be much to it :) i will give that little tool a try and see what happens.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

GrahamS wrote:My understanding is that little tool will only deal with straight approaches and does not handle any code for missed approaches/go-arounds.
Apparantly it doesn't, but I should do some testing first before jumping to conclusions. I don't know if in case of missed approach, ATC will vector you back to the straight-in ILS approach via a standard teardrop, or if you will have to reselect the approach in the worst case.

Greg
GrahamS
Captain
Captain

Post by GrahamS »

Not jumping to conclusions, just passing on information, that is all!
Which way is up?
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

I'm not saying you are, Graham. Only that I'm going to test it first to see if the lack of missed approach coding is an issue. I had already mentioned that the tool only writes the final approach phase.
My apologies for any misunderstanding :huge:
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by CelticWarrior »

Does this tool work in FSX?
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

ILS and GPS Approach Creator v1.0 for FS9 and FSX ZipDive! Download

File Description:
This easy-to-use program allows the user to add an ILS and/or a GPS approach to any airport in FS9 or FSX. The user will be able to select the approach in the GPS unit, and request the approach from ATC. The ATC will then vector you to make an ILS or GPS approach. The AI will also be able to use the ILS approach, and you will hear them say so over the radio. The program was designed with the non-expert user in mind, and no familiarity with XML coding is assumed. The program supports up to four FS installations. The program needs to be run in conjunction with AFCAD (or a similar utility for FSX). You will also need the .NET Framework 2.0 and MSXML 4.0 installed on your computer. Tested with XP Home and Pro. Full instructions included.

Filename: ils_gps_approach_creator_v1.zip
License: Freeware, limited distribution
Added: 2nd November 2007
Downloads: 2006
Author: Martin Gleeson
Size: 362kb

Ron
Cianofranc
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by Cianofranc »

I tested ILS and GPS Approach Creator v1.0 on my FS9, with two small italian airports without ILS.
It's a great utility.
Easy to use.
Cheers
Luciano
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

worked great for me too! thanks fellas!
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

so do we still need to add them with afcad? because after i run the ILS creator it doesnt show under navaids when using afcad??
ricktk
Captain
Captain

Post by ricktk »

ILS and GPS Approach Creator v1.0 for FS9 and FSX ZipDive! Download

File Description:
This easy-to-use program allows the user to add an ILS and/or a GPS approach to any airport in FS9 or FSX. The user will be able to select the approach in the GPS unit, and request the approach from ATC. The ATC will then vector you to make an ILS or GPS approach. The AI will also be able to use the ILS approach, and you will hear them say so over the radio. The program was designed with the non-expert user in mind, and no familiarity with XML coding is assumed. The program supports up to four FS installations. The program needs to be run in conjunction with AFCAD (or a similar utility for FSX). You will also need the .NET Framework 2.0 and MSXML 4.0 installed on your computer. Tested with XP Home and Pro. Full instructions included.
Would seem so from above.
Rick

"Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little colored lights . . . check."
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

nm got it going again now :)
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ILS_GPS Creator

Post by flynby »

Using Vista with FSX and Airport Facilitator v1.03. Duel Core AMD Athlon 64 x2 Duel Core 32 bit processor 5600 + 3326 memory.
I printed out and followed the readme instructions. Double checked the Latitude\Longitude format.
When finished typing in Elevation and Airport ID, I click Next.

Pop up window Gives Error Message: Unhandled Exception Has Occurred In Your Application.
Conversion from string”” to type ‘Double’ is not valid.
Pressing Continue button does not help. What am I to do here?
Thank you
flynby
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

ILS_GPS Creator

Post by flynby »

Corrected Problem. Failed to fill in Magnetic Variation. Duhhhhh