F-117's at Van Nuys?

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

F-117's at Van Nuys?

Post by Joseph29 »

I just got around to installing the F-117 AI package and noticed that some of the F-117's go to Van Nuys (I think there were 4 or 5 planes going to Van Nuys). Is it common for a F-117 to go to Van Nuys? Isn't Van Nuys a airport for business planes basically?

I think I am going to change Van Nuys and replace that airport with other airports that the 117 might go to. I was just wondering if that was common?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

I think it is common. Mine go to Van Nuys, too!
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I never knew air force planes go to NVY, but I still changed it a little. I left one 117 going to Van Nuys and changed the other 3. I changed the other Van Nuys flights to KRIV, KNTD, and KSKF.
Rotten Ralph
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

military movements at van nuys

Post by Rotten Ralph »

According to Airport IQ, Van Nuys had 557 military aircraft movements this year but curiously it states that the airport has 12 military aircraft based there?. I know the USAF use a lot of civilian airports for military use but Van Nuys, I never knew that it had mil aircraft based there.
I am sure someone in the forum will enlighten us.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Van Nuys airport has had a long history of military operations, the California Air National Guard used to have a unit based there that flew all types aircraft over the years from P-51s all the up to C-130s, I don't know what military units are based there now, it is however the worlds busiest GA airport in the world
Last edited by reconmercs on 13 Dec 2007, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Maybe they are visiting for Aviation Expo.
subs
Cadet
Cadet

military movements at van nuys

Post by subs »

On a similar topic, I also noticed the military alberts (with the exception of Singapore's own C-130s) tend to fly into Changi (WSSS) rather than Singapore's military bases.

Is this typical of the r/w? I would have thought military aircraft would prefer to fly to a military base if there is one [very] nearby (as is the case in Singapore)

Just curious....

Subs
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by btaylo24 »

In real life they dont "always" fly to a military base. Depends on what they are doing. Maybe they are picking up something from the civil airport.

All military plans are based on guess work and internet research. As the plans are never published on the web by each goverment for MAIW to download.

Barry
"The guy who wrote the Alberts flightplans"
Barry
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

well if they went there before, they won't be going any more, they have really cut back on flying and the first ten bandits have been retired, making room for the raptors. 10 more are being scheduled for retirement in tonopah :(
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

reconmercs wrote:Van Nuys airport has had a long history of military operations, the California Air National Guard used to have a unit based there that flew all types aircraft over the years from P-51s all the up to C-130s, I don't know what military units are based there now, it is however the worlds busiest GA airport in the world
Thanks! I never knew that. I always thought of it as a GA airport only.